Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Default Re: Navigation bar (hamburger) in mobile version

You are welcome.

Hi Siran. Great instruction. I'm trying your way as I was not successful another one. Feel really stupid.

I got to your step 7 and could not find "Select Open Group." Right click did not give me that option and I tried looking for it in the menu/other places and could not find it. I have version 12.6.2, in case that makes it different. Otherwise, can you please help me get this step?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by siran View Post
    You could try the following:

6. Click the S to the right of the Group that is located beneath the text line. (Almost everything will be hidden in your design now.)
    7. Right click on the remaining objects and select Open Group
    8. Add your burger graphics here and hit the save button. (Hit CTRL + A and do a zoom to selection to help getting an idea of where the group content is to be found.)
    9. Repeat steps 5 to 8 on the mouse over layer.

Hey GWPriester. I tried your way. Looked at your file. I have not been successful not matter what I do. I cannot get the "create Nav bar" where it is not grayed out.

I'm not getting something that seems pretty simple.

Even copied yours, tried to change the hamburger to a different style and couldn't make that work either.

Any more suggestions?

You've done a good job...I'm just dumb!

The button shape, text, and hamburger symbol need to be grouped and they should to be on the MouseOff layer.

You do not need to apply a SoftGroup. And if you soft group before you group, the Nav bar option is grayed out.

And right click on the page and select Page Options > General and make sure that the Document Type shows Web Document.

GWprieter, did not apply soft group.

Button shape, text and hamburger were grouped and on the mouse off layer. Still grayed out.

Checked document type shows Web Doc, all good there too.
    Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    The button shape, text, and hamburger symbol need to be grouped and they should to be on the MouseOff layer.

You do not need to apply a SoftGroup. And if you soft group before you group, the Nav bar option is grayed out.

And right click on the page and select Page Options > General and make sure that the Document Type shows Web Document.
    After just typing this, I decided to try again...guess what???? Got the Create Nav Bar this time! Yipee...onward.
    Will get back to you if more problems.
    Thanks so much! Wonder what I did wrong all that time....
    Happy Sue now....until next time! Thanks so so so much!

Try this in a new Website window. Create the same three elements and see if you can create a nav bar with these.

I had tried that earlier, when I wasn't getting it to work. By accident, I put part of my reply in the quoted area above.

I don't know what I did, but I got it to work....I swear I was doing exactly the same in the previous tries....but happy to finally get it done. I must have made some error along the way. That's me!

Appreciate the patience!
    Sue

So the challenge continues, GWPriester! While trying to add all of my menu items, it added another hamburger to each one....and then I noticed since I had made a mistake at the beginning of working with it that I had checked "Site Nav Bar automatically, when I unchecked it and was adding my menu items and pages, when viewing, it was as if I never had unchecked it. It took the names of the pages as I had them, not what I wanted them to read or look like.

Then I tried to make another nav bar and had the same issue, that once the 3 items were grouped, the create nav bar was grayed out once more. I checked and I was on the mouse off, and grouped. What the heck???

Went to try again for a new document/website....here's a screen shot. Grouped fine but no create nav bar available. See screen shot.

Maybe someone can see what I am not doing right.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	trying new-no create nav bar avail.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	19.2 KB 
ID:	119362

Sue
    Last edited by SueB; 25 November 2017 at 06:48 PM.

Are you doing this for the main variant or just the mobile variant?

Try this. Delete all but the home page from the Nav Bar Menu.

Make sure the [ ] Site Navigation Bar option is not checked.

Under the Home button (menu in my example), Click once to select Double-click to add button. (But DO NOT double click. I will know if you do this)

Now, check the Site Navigation Bar option.

This should add all the pages to a sub menu and the buttons will not have the hamburger icon.

In my example I have edited the Pop-up Menu Style. I added 4 pixels of spacing. And increased the font size. In the main Nav Bar Menu I added Separators under each menu item to make the menu easier to read.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nav Bar Menu.png 
Views:	57 
Size:	24.3 KB 
ID:	119363   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	drop down menu.png 
Views:	59 
Size:	101.3 KB 
ID:	119364  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	edit Menu Style.png 
Views:	56 
Size:	19.5 KB 
ID:	119365