Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Navigation bar (hamburger) in mobile version

Quote Originally Posted by SueB View Post
    . Anyway to removed it from Xara without a problem and maybe that will fix it locally?
    Now the top slideshow doesn't work, so I guess that file is part of that show....

I don't suppose you tried my suggestion.

Hi Sue. Your image slider is now back & working in desktop mode as it is in the mobile version. Previously the image slider wasn't working and there was no mobile variant at all.

Could I suggest the mobile variant has the menu on the left as presently sub-menus are forced to the left instead of the more obvious right?
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Hi Egg. When I deleted the file, that was suggested was corrupt, I lost the slideshow, as stated somewhere above.

I can move the menu, once I figure out how to try one of your suggestions. I'm a bit lost, as usual, as to what to do and what some of the terms mean.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    I don't suppose you tried my suggestion.
    Not yet, as I wasn't clear what you meant by "create a simple button rectangle. Add some text and the hamburger icon. Group all."

If I can do this, this is GREAT! I'm trying!!
    Here's an example http://gwpriester.xara.hosting/hamburger/

The button is about half size to allow for expansion to the right for sub menus.

Egg, I am working on your instructions with Siran, but not very successful. Tried GWPriester's and got lost. Since I've never created a nav bar, this is a bit of a stretch for me.....

When I tried GWPriester's way, I lost the navigation totally.

Any visual help you can give me?

Here's an example http://gwpriester.xara.hosting/hamburger/

The button is about half size to allow for expansion to the right for sub menus.
    Tried this. Yours is beautiful and wish I could create it. When I grouped it and went to make a nav bar, that selection was grayed out.

You have to have some text and a button shape usually a rectangle as part of the group. In my example, I grouped the text, the hamburger graphic, and the rectangle. And these all have to be on the MouseOff layer.

Select the button then try to create a nav bar.

You can also download my .xar file to see what I have done.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I'm going to cry. Thanks so much, GWpriester!

I bet I was not on the right layer! I did a group (not soft group, right?)...just making sure before I venture onto this again. I will use your example to check it out. I'm sure this will help me. Thanks so very much for the visual!

Sue
    You have to have some text and a button shape usually a rectangle as part of the group. In my example, I grouped the text, the hamburger graphic, and the rectangle. And these all have to be on the MouseOff layer.

Select the button then try to create a nav bar.

You can also download my .xar file to see what I have done.