Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Download Problems

Good Monday Afternoon All,
    Sure hope I can get some help here. I went to Xara Art Gallery here to download some of the interesting art work details. Whenever I clicked on the link the file would appear to go to the download of my computer screen. By the way, I use Mozilla Foxfire as my primary browser. However, when I try to download the link from the Art Gallery I get this error message:

C:\Users\Admin\Downloads\9inTn'lsymbols.xar

The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect.
    Please see the application event log or use the command-line sxstrace.exe tool for more detail.

Does anyone here knows what this error message mean? How do I correct this problem. Finally, how do I change the following:

C:\Users\Admin\Downloads\9inTn'lsymbols.xar

I really don't want all of my downloads going to and filling up my C drive if that's what this means. You can see I'm not tech savy. I do hope I am explaining my problem here so everyone will understand. Thank you so much for any assistance I can get here. Thanks again all.

robert

Default Re: Download Problems

Hello Robert,

The Xara Art Gallery is a forum where members can upload their created artwork. It's not a depository of xara vector files meant for download.

Perhaps you can explain further what you're attempting to do?
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Good Evening Mr. Egg Bramhill,

Apparently this is the wrong place to have this discussion. As I post above, there is a problem when I attempt to download any links discussed on this forum. I get the error message shown. My desire is to be able to see the graphics and other goodies discussed here. Can I move my post to an area where it may get more exposure and responses? On the other hand, if you have a problem understanding what I am trying to say, I had better find a better way of of saying what I attempt here. As I note, I am not very tech savy and more than likely don't use the correct tech terms to explain my concerns. Mr. Egg Branhill, I appreciate your response.

robert

Robert,

Couple ideas to check to maybe point in the right direction,

When you click on the link on the forum, you should get a window that asks if you want to save or run the file. Are you trying to save the file or are you trying to run the file?

When you select run, the file is still download as temp file for the program to run it. I would do a test and save the file and then use Xara to open the file and see if you get any errors.

Do you have different versions of the same program on your computer? This should not be a problem, I run with Designer Pro 12 and 11 without any problems. What I am wondering is if you have a problem with the file association on what program to use to open files. If you use Windows explorer and go to a folder with Xara files saved in them and right click on one of the xara files select "Open With" option and check and see what program is associated with opening .xar files. You can change it under that screen if not right.

Ray

Tobert is this the kind of thing you are seeing and trying to download?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	atached file.png 
Views:	30 
Size:	2.4 KB 
ID:	119249
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.