Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Audio Video with graphic

Thanks, Acorn: I was playing around with it last night using the <audio> tag in the control placeholder, as I mentioned above, and I started having some sort of weird problems, so I ended up pasting that HTML line into the main body and deleting the audio placeholder completely. It seems to work fine now, but is sort of a work around for something I feel like they could have included.. a third option to have the audio auto start when the page loads, but also hidden? Anyway, it seems to work fine now and isn't something I use very much. It also something that I will keep subtle so it doesn't turn viewers off, as I agree with you on that. Also, I'll add the line, "Your browser does not support the audio element." for those with earlier IE versions.
    Gigabyte GA-Z68A-D3H-B3 LGA1155 Intel Z68 ATXMOB - Intel core I7-2600 3.4GH LGA 1155 - 16gb DDR3 SDRAM - Corsair CX750M PS - GeForce GTX650 2GB - SB X-Fi Extreme Music
    Master C: Crucial 200GB SSD - Master D: 1.0 TB - E: 24x DVD/CD R/RW - F: Crucial 275GB SSD - Windows 7 Pro 64bit SP1

Default Re: Audio Video with graphic

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    yes there is.

Drop your MP3 onto your design canvas.
    Decline AutoPlay.

Select the Audio Control bar and open its Placeholder body.
    Remove the word controls and add an id. My example: <audio class="xar_meplayer" id="lorryreverse" src="index_htm_files/car.mp3" width = "100%" height="100%"/>
    Resize the control to 30 x 30 px.
    Keep it handy.

Now create a button or text link. here I am just going to describe a button with a click link.
    In Link > Link to Web or Email address, put: javascript: document.getElementById("lorryreverse").play();

You can now do one of two things:

1. Hide the control under the button and soft group both.
    2. Place the control to the right. I recommend this as when either it or the button is clicked, the Pause control is shown so a punter can quickly kill the raucous noise. Again, soft-group to keep things together.

Acorn
    Just wanted to say that I had time to play with your Java some more and appreciate the answer. Will see how it works out when I start constructing some of my buttons I want to have a slight sound with when clicked, etc. Again, I'm surprised Xara hasn't included this as an option though to easily implement sounds with buttons? I've always enjoyed a slight sound when I "click" a button for some action, but maybe it's just me.
    Gigabyte GA-Z68A-D3H-B3 LGA1155 Intel Z68 ATXMOB - Intel core I7-2600 3.4GH LGA 1155 - 16gb DDR3 SDRAM - Corsair CX750M PS - GeForce GTX650 2GB - SB X-Fi Extreme Music
    Master C: Crucial 200GB SSD - Master D: 1.0 TB - E: 24x DVD/CD R/RW - F: Crucial 275GB SSD - Windows 7 Pro 64bit SP1