Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default New Websites as examples

https://www.project-edge.com/Here are a few of my earlier websites done with Xara, I'm putting them here as there seem to be lots of comments about lack of sharing!!!?:

1. For a Farrier:

http://www.markjohnsonfarrier.com

2. My own website (one of them as also have another one done with different software):

https://www.ronwilliams.info

3. Customer of mine:

http://www.johnshawimservices.com/

4. Personal site for a friend:

http://www.project-edge.com/HarryHorsemanship/

5. Business site:

https://www.project-edge.com/

6. Photographer friend:

http://www.klmphotography.co/

7. Last but not least (this is supersite demo - takes time to load - due to lots of animations, page length exceeds what I'd normally do for a supersite)

http://www.equinegatewaywebsite.com/

Will finish on my lucky number!

Hope you like them Numbers 2, 3, 5 & 7 all have integrated database functions (forms, feedback, blog, etc.). I've tried to make the later ones with a bit more of a responsive feel to them by keeping logo/menu's sticking to outer edges of screen & use of full stretchy images.

I've got a few customers on some more recent projects using the new online editing version of Xara as a type of CMS service for them (previously I used a lot of Google additions - slideshows, forms, etc.). Mostly it's working out ok, am in constant contact with testing it out and giving suggestions and feedback online to Xara 'Berlin' office.

I also use a number of other web-design software, hope it's ok to mention some (CoffeeCup Responsive, Mobirise, PHP MySQL Pro, PHP Runner - to name a few) but in all honesty I enjoy using Xara more for regular small business, personal websites as I find it great fun to use!

Would appreciate feedback (hopefully more positive than negative lol)

Cheers,
    Ron

P.S. Hope it was okay to mention 'other software' each has it's specific purpose for what I need....

Default Re: New Websites as examples

Awesome! Thanks for sharing. You have been very busy.

Really awesome, i like your work

I like the looks and layout of the Project-Edge website but am confused as to the contents, e.g., how P-E relates to Equine Gateway, which specific services are offered, and the fact that various information and links are repeated here and there.

I would like to have a business relationship with you sometimes in near future.

Hi Ron - many thanks for taking the time to share your excellent work with us all.

I think that there could be a real opportunity for you to market some of your solutions to the Xara community as you seem to have come up with solutions to some of the commonly requested features on this forum - databases, blogs, contact forms etc.

I would not dare to critique any of your designs, you have incorporated a range of excellent features without overdoing animations etc.

Couple of quick questions if you don't mind

1. On a number of your sites how do you manage to left align menu buttons and logos at the top of pages?

2. On your 'RonWilliams' site the 'Apps' page appears to stretch to fill the browser width - how did you achieve that effect?

Overall I think that you have done some amazing work and I am sure that your fresh approach will inspire a number of forum members.

I actually take back what I said. It has been over 2 weeks and no response.

Quote Originally Posted by Boy View Post
    I like the looks and layout of the Project-Edge website but am confused as to the contents, e.g., how P-E relates to Equine Gateway, which specific services are offered, and the fact that various information and links are repeated here and there.

Hi,
    Sorry for late reply I'm snowed under (sometimes literally) on two large database projects at the moment.
    Project-edge is the holding company (for white label work, medium, larger business, mostly dealing with database, reporting tools, excel spreadsheet projects & other corporate business requirements, I don't promote those items on the website as have more than enough work from present clients to do etc.), Equine Gateway is specific for equine websites as I have a lot of contacts in that area and set-it up for all the business my wife brings me from that market area, all products offered by one can be done by the other, they just target different business areas and different accounts!!
    Cheers,
    Ron

Quote Originally Posted by nobbyy View Post
    Hi Ron - many thanks for taking the time to share your excellent work with us all.

I think that there could be a real opportunity for you to market some of your solutions to the Xara community as you seem to have come up with solutions to some of the commonly requested features on this forum - databases, blogs, contact forms etc.

I would not dare to critique any of your designs, you have incorporated a range of excellent features without overdoing animations etc.

Couple of quick questions if you don't mind

1. On a number of your sites how do you manage to left align menu buttons and logos at the top of pages?

2. On your 'RonWilliams' site the 'Apps' page appears to stretch to fill the browser width - how did you achieve that effect?

Overall I think that you have done some amazing work and I am sure that your fresh approach will inspire a number of forum members.

Hi,
    Again sorry for a late reply, I don't get much chance to view the forum!

1. If you want your logo, menu, etc. to left, or right align on full screen width just use the following little trick I discovered:

Make your Logo/Menu or whatever other item you want to 'stick to top left or right of the page, 'sticky'
    Place the item (if left side) relative to where you want it on the page (i.e. top for header item) and position it 'off the page but aligned with the page border edge'
    When viewing the page in a browser the item will appear on the edge of the page.

Does not work with text (create an image of the text & use that)
    If you have a few items, make them into a soft group or only the items touching the page edge will come in.

2. No trick here LOL, the Apps page is both embedded and also hosted externally, within the website (embedded) it only fills the page width (is in an IFrame), if you click top menu icon it takes you direct to App page & that takes you back to webpage when done.

if you need an example of the 'sticky' stay at top/left let me know and I will upload an example file.

Cheers,
    Ron

P.S. Email me from one of my site links if you don't hear back from me on here as I don't check back as often as I should! But will try to more often in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by behzad View Post
    I actually take back what I said. It has been over 2 weeks and no response.
    Hi,

If it's for business, urgent you could have contacted me through any of the website contact links!?

I merely posted the examples as I saw a few comments on here saying no one ever provided any! I'm not here touting for business, although if there is some, it's always welcome!

Cheers,
    Ron