Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Content Catalog Same As Trial

did you then deletethe .INI file and then re-reinstall?

worth a try because if you uninstall with the .INI file present the settings will somehow be remembered - at least I think so, and this maybe what Rob was referring to...
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Yes, and I deleted any folders and leftover files. I then cleaned all references to Xara and Designer from the Windows registry and rebooted before trying to reinstall. Nothing changes.

Steve

Sorry to hear that you're still having issues with this. Unfortunately it's weekend now so I doubt any of the devs will be responding before Monday. Hang in there!

ok

As a matter of interest, how did you clean out all the references to Xara and Designer in the windows registry? - I'd say that was a pretty difficult thing to do... clear out all the obvious ones yes... but all of them?
    Nothing lasts forever...

Well, if Xara or Designer are not in the key or value, then I'm not going to find it. But most applications leave a large number of registry settings after being uninstalled which can interfere with future installations. Designer is one of those and since I tried both the 32bit and 64bit versions to check this problem I wanted to get rid of the 32bit remnants.

Steve

I see, thanks

Well I think you may need Rob to come back on this one, but it is the weekend so that might delay things

My view is this: a reinstallation may well pick up on a previous one if it finds relevant keys in the registry, obvious or not; but if it then finds some, but not others, it could well not reinstall correctly
    Nothing lasts forever...

I've now tried installing this product on multiple computers and the result is always the same; access only to free content. This is an account issue, not a software problem. I'm going on two months without the use of this product and Xara support is poor at best. I can't believe it's this hard to take care of this problem. I can only think that support is either understaffed and overwhelmed, or they just don't care.

not good...

could be an activation problem.. maybe somehow the account still thinks you only have a trial..

Hi Steve,

Did you get a response from Xara support? I am having the same issue. I have purchased the full product but somehow I only get the free template. I tried following the troubleshooting steps but no good. I would like to raise a ticket but I don't have a Xara login only a magix login so it is very frustrating to say the least.

I'm here in the Philippines so calling them is another problem for me.

apparently xara and magix account logins have been unified, so first thing to try is logging into xara support with your magix login details

if that does not work is there anything preventing you from registering a xara account?