Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Problem to fit/adapt layout to screen/resolution/browser

Under page options my website is currently set to fit 960x720 which is probably some average setting.

Therefore some elements of my layout do not fit or adapt to certain smaller screens/resolutions. I have seen problems with 1366x768 but also 1280x1040 depending on the browser used. (On the other hand it displays quite well on a smartphone). I could of course change the layout, but I hope their is a more elegant solution ?

I have no experience with this, so I am open to any suggestions. I don't think there are any variants in this template (how can I check this ?). Maybe I just could add extra resolutions under the page options menu as a quick fix ?

My website is here to test if you like: (the template I chose was the camping 3 template from the Catalogue)
    http://www.cirkelvaneenheid.be/Welenhoeck/

Default Re: Problem to fit/adapt layout to screen/resolution/browser

You can create a new variant. Go to Utilities/Website variants/Website variant and click the "Create" button.

Next you will have to populate the new variant with the contents of the main variant. You do this by selecting each element, right-clicking it and select "Share with all variants". Perhaps it's good to first read about some of the advised do's and don'ts in the chapters on "Responsive web design" and "Text Styles" in the Help file and also experiment with a copy of your current .web file before you really commit to adding a variant.

Xara doesn't create responsive website. It creates Variants

You may like to look at the video below:

LINK
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post

You may like to look at the video below:

LINK
    I still feel this is a major shortcoming of Xara and sure wish they could implement this feature in the next iteration.

Please Xara!

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post

Indeed, "adaptive webdesign" would be a better terms as it creates multiple versions of the site.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike in Canada View Post
    I still feel this is a major shortcoming of Xara and sure wish they could implement this feature in the next iteration.

Such fluid design would be contrary to the WYSIWYG approach that makes designing nice-looking sites so easy in Xara.

impressive how easy this can be done, thanks

Glad things are working out for you.