Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Color vs Grayscale

I haven't posted here in a while but still lurk from time 2 time

This image is a compromise between a full color and a black & white image for a production area in a small commercial kitchen.

The object is to give the end used a feel for the work flow and space allotments.

Modeled in AutoCAD R12 Rendered in Accurender 2.0 In Autocad R13 Original image was 3,400 x 2,200

The consensus around here was the full color was a bit distracting when the function of the area was supposed to be the main focus.

-David
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ar-ag1w3.jpg 
Views:	404 
Size:	58.4 KB 
ID:	119262  

Default Re: Color vs Grayscale

David,

I think your design is sensational! You are very talented, indeed. As a side note I love color and grayscale for different reasons. Color can create the illusion of depth that grayscale can't. And grayscale is a wonderful choice to use when you aren't sure what color scheme to use because you don't know what the market likes most. By using grayscale (especially with light tones) you cause the viewer of your image to "hallucinate" their FAVORITE colors into the scheme, even though you didn't use color at all. And a mix of color and grayscale can be rewarding too. Keep up the GREAT work, David. I hope to see more of you images on TG!

Mark

Default Re: Color vs Grayscale

Loved the work completely, David! Hoping to see your great pieces soon. All the best and congrats!