Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Panorama Photo Slider

I was taking a look around the Magix website and on Xara webdesign premium page I found this but it doesn't exist in the designs gallery - any ideas?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	panorama slider.jpg 
Views:	253 
Size:	65.5 KB 
ID:	119259

I just checked my version of WDP - 12.6.2.49603 dated April 25 2017
    The Magix site shows May 2017 for the panoramic slider - I checked for updates for my version and all I got was an update for online designer - anyone explain this situation to me?
    Last edited by letsgofishing; 08 November 2017 at 11:36 AM. Reason: version number

Default Re: Panorama Photo Slider

Do you have Web Designer Premium? The only thing I could see on that screen shot was for Premium users only.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Do you have Web Designer Premium? The only thing I could see on that screen shot was for Premium users only.
    Yip - it's in my post WDP

Can someone tell me how to access this slider please?
    http://www.magix.com/za/xara-web-des...tures/#c566636

I can't find it either but perhaps it's included in one of the website templates ???

Quote Originally Posted by Boy View Post
    I can't find it either but perhaps it's included in one of the website templates ???
    You can do this with the Xara Slideshow Widget. With the stretch option you can fit the hole width of a screen. This widget is hostet at Xara. In the last Update is this widget missing. Why???
    I'd luckily a backup of the Design Gallery Content and was able to rebuild the widget in the actual gallery. It's still online.

Name:	gallery.jpg 
Views:	163 
Size:	76.4 KB 
ID:	119277 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	widget.jpg 
Views:	131 
Size:	90.5 KB 
ID:	119278 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	widget2.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	169.0 KB 
ID:	119279

The last screenshot shows the „catindex” in c:\Users\*****\AppData\Local\Xara\XtremePro\12\Cac he\designs\eng\components\imagecomponents\slidesho ws\catindex.txt. This entry you must enter.

Quote Originally Posted by ernie-f View Post
    You can do this with the Xara Slideshow Widget. With the stretch option you can fit the hole width of a screen. This widget is hostet at Xara. In the last Update is this widget missing. Why???
    I'd luckily a backup of the Design Gallery Content and was able to rebuild the widget in the actual gallery. It's still online.

The last screenshot shows the „catindex” in c:\Users\*****\AppData\Local\Xara\XtremePro\12\Cac he\designs\eng\components\imagecomponents\slidesho ws\catindex.txt. This entry you must enter.
    Xara, unlike the cobblers' pixies snuck in one night and stole the widget away. In doing so, they changed catindex.txt so if you perform a refresh on your components, the missing entries then allows Xara to come into your house and rob you of the widget, stored locally.

Kate Moir promised it would be back in "early" November, which, in my my book, means Wednesday coming.
    Your detail is helpful but, I believe, once you have updated you local gallery, it's gone for good.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by ernie-f View Post

I understand that I can use the "fix" ypu mention, but I'm still curious as to why Xara/Magix would post this as a new feature as of May this year, but no-one can find it......

No slider update as promised by Kate Moir by early November.

A press release.
    A sales movie.
    No API for Smart Shapes.
    No update to the applications.

Inertia, Apathy, Ennui, Uncertainty: the four goat-riders of the Unravelling,
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

27th of November - xara slideshow widget STILL not available!!!
    I need it for a new website!