I think that the main problem is that they lack of good teachers, and programs. Experienced designers will not go for a teacher low salary. Schools are not willing to pay what an experience designer/teacher cost.

Two weeks ago, I visited a Graphic Designer school. The director told me that now the school is going to produce good designers, because they invested a lot of money in Cube Mac's. I feel sorry for the students. They don't know that they should learn typography rules, color theory, perspective, perceptions, art history, photography, etc. They are learning application manuals.

Dan Margulis has been in Puerto Rico three times teaching his Color Theory intensive course. Every time he finish the course I ask students if they know how to correct images before. No one has answered yes. Some of them with more than 17 years in the industry, and head of publishing agencies, newspapers, print shops, and SB's.

Graphic designer schools should contract people as Dan Margulis to help them to prepare their programs, and train their teachers.. When I proposed to the school director that I mentioned before about sending his Photoshop teacher to the course. He was happy to do it, until I told him that the course cost is $1,500. Unfortunately for his students, this school Photoshop teacher is not going to take Margulis course.

Regards