Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Xara hosting FTP details

Hi all

In the past I have always used the built in FTP within ProX to upload my sites.

I have purchased wow slider and need to upload some file to the host via filezilla.

I have tried every combination of host address, user name port etc etc without any success.

Could one of you kind folk help me out the host name and port number for Xara hosting please?

Many thanks!

Default Re: Xara hosting FTP details

Quote Originally Posted by nobbyy View Post
    Hi all
    In the past I have always used the built in FTP within ProX to upload my sites.
    I have purchased wow slider and need to upload some file to the host via filezilla.
    I have tried every combination of host address, user name port etc etc without any success.
    Could one of you kind folk help me out the host name and port number for Xara hosting please?
    Many thanks!
    You don't need Filezilla if your are uploading files to Control Centre > Xara On-line > Open Webspace > Xara Hosting.

In the bottom right of your webspace folder, you'll find a large red round plus button.

Press that, create a new folder, call it WOW, press again and up load files into the new folder.
    It is a built-in FTP service.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Here's my connection setting for Filezilla.
    The username is just the email address you used to purchase Xara, as is the password.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nobbyy-log-in.png 
Views:	234 
Size:	41.8 KB 
ID:	119244  
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

nobby, Egg's got his info from Factoid #1: https://www.xara-online.com/gb/website-faq.59.html

My approach is implicit in Factoid #2 but Xara don't actually explain it anywhere.

Acorn
    Last edited by Acorn; 06 November 2017 at 01:28 PM.
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Good afternoon Egg and Acorn - many thanks for your swift responses.

I tend to use Xara as a test platform for sites, prior to going live on an alternate hosting platform so both of your responses are very helpful - thank you!

I did try using the FTP server address in the factoid - sftp.xara-online.com but I could not get it to work, but the one that Egg provided sftp.xara.hosting does work.

To try and save time I would like to be able to use the Xara preview function, but when using Wow slider it wont work as I assume Xara creates temporary files which needs access to the 'data' and 'engine' files. I assume I need to put the wow slider files in the same temp folder? If so, could some kind soul point me in its direction please?

@Egg, just been forced into using FileZilla hoping to save upload effort through the built-in XDA FTP service.
    When publishing to Xara Hosting, however, the same throttling seems to be in place

Your configuration still works.

Export Website: 1m 15s for 51.4MB.
    Upload htm files: 1m for 106 pages.
    Upload folder contents: TBA for 2,616 files. Currently, 40m for 681/2616 files transferred.

What is interesting is the same site published into Cloud Xara took a similar opening time and just over five minutes to publish.

@Xara - spend a little on better server bandwidth please.

Thanks,
    Acorn

Total time was 2h 54m versus 5m!
    I get similar times (aeons) when using the XDA built-in function.

Acorn

Their server is very slow. I believe it is Magix server rather than xara?

Yes, I think the servers are Magix'

It does not really matter who owns the shebang but I have been uploading through XDP+v20.3 for over 3 and a half hours and have achieved all of 46% for something that takes FileZilla 5-10 minutes to a real web service. Yes, it is over 2,500 files and 50MB at a transfer rate of Tortoise.

I am almost in tears.

Acorn