Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default How do you adjust gallery widgets to expand to full screen?

Hi,

I'm new to Web Designer 11 Premium, using the "Gallery Slideshow" widget to show a portfolio which expand when clicked, however the default widget only expands a little bit on the page (it would be nicer to be centralised on the web page and expand to 90% of browser window?) and in preview (and live) the button for "Expand to actual size (f)" is greyed out.

Does anyone know if these settings are editable, they aren't in the standard widget options.

Apologies if this question has already been answered in the forum, I struggled to find an answer in the search function.

Thanks,

Nick

Default Re: How do you adjust gallery widgets to expand to full screen?

Hi Nick,
    I've done a number of portfolio sites and although xara's slideshow widgets work, some of them have limitations/foibles.
    I find it easier to create one from scratch - drag the images you want onto the page and arrange them as desired.
    Select all the images - right click web properties - images tab - check pop up photo box - type in width you want - apply.
    You can also click the options button and choose whether you want to dim the page show gallery controls etc.
    In the sample I've attached, there's a bit of code in the Head Section of the page tab - this centres the enlarged pics in the browser window which I think is preferable.
    Hope this helps
    porty sample.web

Thank you! That's exactly what I was looking for, much appreciated.

Glad to help

Quote Originally Posted by letsgofishing View Post
    Glad to help
    It nice when TGers rediscover things. I think the hs.align="center" was a tweak by Boy and sledger back in 2010, although covoxer may have started it all.

For those who are into tweaks, search out the applications Xara includes, go to their websites and read into what their APIs offer but always quote the source so others can follow.

For Highslide -
    http://highslide.com and for this tweak, here: http://highslide.com/ref/hs.align.

A more difficult tweak involves easing: http://highslide.com/ref/hs.easing.
    Perhaps, someone wants to try?

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat