Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Moving Domain and Hosting

Hi,

I guess this is slightly off topic but I couldn't get an exact answer by Googling. Currently I have a website created/hosted in/by Wordpress.

I have created a new website that will use the same URL/address in Xara Web Designer Premium.

I will want to delete the Wordpress created website and use the new one created by Web Design Premium.

The new website with the same URL/address will be hosted by a new company such as Godaddy.com

When I delete the Wordpress site/account how do I make sure that the domain points to the new site hosted by Godaddy?

Hope I was clear enough.

Thanks

Default Re: Moving Domain and Hosting

Welcome from Wordpress, we've been waiting for you.

Surely that information would be better to come from the hosting company. IP, Nameservers, MX records, etc. (And I wasn't calling you Shirley. (A line from the movie Air Plane).

Quote Originally Posted by techenthused73 View Post
    When I delete the Wordpress site/account how do I make sure that the domain points to the new site hosted by Godaddy?
    If you own your domain name, contact the domain provider and/or the hosting provider or use their control panel. If Godaddy or another firm is both, this should be easier, but it is not too difficult even if you use two different companies. The new company will normally take care of pointing your domain to the right place.

Each web host where your website files reside, has a unique NameServer Address. For example here are the first two name servers for Xara.com

Name Server: DNS1.XARA.COM
    Name Server: DNS2.XARA.COM

You need to get the name servers from GoDaddy, then you need to go to your domain name registrar, the company who registrars your domain name, and either edit your account to POINT to these name servers, or ask their support to do this.

Once you do this it can take up to 24 hours for the changes to take effect.

Thank you everyone. I suspected something like that but needed clarity.

Thanks.

If you are moving your hosting to godaddy, call their tech support.
    They'll give you the correct IP/subfolder to move the site files to.
    You can upload them within XWD or use FileZilla.