Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: Xara & CPU usage

Thanks for the reply Phil. I've tried that with some success but on re introducing the galleries I'm back to square one.
    As for the problem re the Utilities / Options slow start up & the slow internet tab I've know idea if it related. I did have the same problem 2 to 3 releases ago and one of the devs gave me the cure but I can't remember what it was now. I also get a slow response on opening the Local Design Gallery folders.

Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Thanks Egg,

I'll ask around to see if your experience fits with the what we know and the fixes we've made.

The Options dialog can be slow to open the first time because it scans all the Photoshop plugins. You could verify that by temporarily removing the paths to the plugin folders, closing down, restarting and testing how fast the Options dialog opens then. (Remember the path locations so you can restore them later, of course!)

Hi again Phil. It's not just the initial opening of the Options window it's every occasion I click to open it. It can take between 15 to 25 seconds to open.

Followed your advice and removed all the plugins. There wasn't a great deal in the first place. See screengrab.

Closed Xara.

Rebooted my machine.

Started Xara.

Utilities / Options still takes an eternity to load.

Once open, clicking on the Internet tab still takes an eternity.

Checked my plugins folder. None present.

Tried one further thing, opened the Internet tab (waited...) & selected Empty Cache.

Took about a minute and a window pops up, states something along the lines that the cache will be repopulated next time I start Xara. The Cache is shown as 0 bytes.

But what is interesting is that now the Utilities / options window loads within a second. Clicking the Internet Tab does likewise.

However I suspect that on closing & restarting the cache will be repopulated & my problems will return.

Just before closing & restarting I thought I'd check the Local Design Gallery to see if this loaded quicker. Unfortunately it was totally blank! Not even a folder display & +More to Download All (which I'd only just done earlier today) Perhaps because I'd cleared the cache?

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	!!!!!-plugins.png 
Views:	36 
Size:	2.4 KB 
ID:	119253  
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

OK...

What antivirus are you running?

Phil

My internet provider is BT and they provide McAffee AV Phil.
    Egg

Okay Phil. Closed Xara. Rebooted my machine, had to re-import all the Local Design Galleries (again!).

Load time of the Options window is back to 20+ seconds. Internet tab back to the same delay.

Next I'll try uninstalling / reinstalling but I don't hold out much hope,
    Egg

That was fun, I had issues finding my installation product code on the new Magix products page but eventually got there

As expected, the Options window takes far to long to load again. The Internet tab same same. My plugin folder remains empty. Fortunately the Local Design Gallery remained populated. The cpu usage remains high.

Hope this helps.
    Egg