Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Limited Navigation Bar Selection

Good afternoon all,
    I wanted to take a look at substituting a new nav bar in place of the present one that came with the website pages. I noted there is very little available unless I'm missing them somewhere. I am now using Xara WD 365 Premium, but note WD 10 Premium offer a much greater selection of nav bars. Has anyone else noticed that? Where are the rest of the nav bars? I want something a little more fancy than what I have now. Does Xara offer software that provides additional graphics plus nav bars? Thanks all.

Robert

Default Re: Limited Navigation Bar Selection

Quote Originally Posted by musicmanrobert View Post
    Good afternoon all,
    I wanted to take a look at substituting a new nav bar in place of the present one that came with the website pages. I noted there is very little available unless I'm missing them somewhere. I am now using Xara WD 365 Premium, but note WD 10 Premium offer a much greater selection of nav bars. Has anyone else noticed that? Where are the rest of the nav bars? I want something a little more fancy than what I have now. Does Xara offer software that provides additional graphics plus nav bars? Thanks all.

Robert
    A good spot there Robert. In Navigation Bars, 365 offers me 38 NavBars while v11 offers me 47! I have to assume that v10 is similar to v11 than it is to 365. From Navigation Bars, I cannot access any of the vertical Navbars that v11 has. That seems to be a loss of 19 vertical NavBars, by my count.

Searching for "vertical" from Components in 365 returns two horizonal NavBars. Horizontal is the new vertical.
    Switching the same "vertical" search to All returns 1 & 1/2 pages worth of vertical NavBars. In all 5 pages are returned but many have no relationship to vertical.
    Switching to a "horizontal" search to All returns about 2 pages worth of horizontal NavBars. Ditto for horizontal.

I think that Xara has "just" mucked up its acclaimed on-line search. The NavBars are there, you just can't find them.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Hello Acorn and Egg Bramhill,

The number of NavBars appear to be much reduced. Looks like we're paying more for less. Of course I understand that there have been a number of tech improvement as the software has moved forward. I was trying to figure out a way to convert or use all of the NavBars in WD 10 Premium. Thanks all and I'll keep working on it. As always, I very much appreciate your willingness to help me. You're great.

Robert

Hello Acorn and Egg Bramhill,

The number of NavBars appear to be much reduced. Looks like we're paying more for less. Of course I understand that there have been a number of tech improvement as the software has moved forward. I was trying to figure out a way to convert or use all of the NavBars in WD 10 Premium. Thanks all and I'll keep working on it. As always, I very much appreciate your willingness to help me. You're great.

Robert
    Robert, I was trying to advise that the NavBars are all there, with new ones added; it's just they cannot be found easily.

It is easy enough to put all of the v10 NavBars into a design file and open it in 365; they will all work.
    Yo can also link to your v10 designs by using the Disk designs... button in the Local Designs gallery.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Hello Again Acorn,
    I should have picked up on what you were conveying to me earlier. I am more than pleased you got back to me on this. Thanks much sir.

Robert

Can someone take a look at www.newpathwaysconsultants.com for me please? This is the website I put together for my wife. As you can see, this is a simple 8 page site. Here is my present problem. I want to add another page with a button that says, "Lillie Comes To You". I tried moving the buttons closer together but the NavBar will still extend beyond the pages. How can I move the button I want to add on a second line or below, in the middle of the NavBar already there? Second thought is, can I design a button that is different from the NavBar there, but that will still attach to the website? I want this button to stand out and be a bit unique. Is this possible and how can I do that? Thank you so much all.

robert

Second thought is, can I design a button that is different from the NavBar there, but that will still attach to the website? I want this button to stand out and be a bit unique. Is this possible and how can I do that?
    Easy peasy!

Just select a button from de Content Catalog under Components/Print & Web Components/Buttons and drag & drop it onto the page, select it with the Selector Tool (now the blue bar with the link will show), click on 'Change', select the "Link to" drop-down window, and click the page you want to link to.

Of course you can also change the design of the button or design your own button.

Hello Boy,
    I want to thank you for getting back to me and sharing your thoughts. I don't already have an extra page on this website that a button can be added to. Should I first add a new page and how do I do that (using the NavBar) without having to add a button on the NavBar? So far, I have gone to the Content Catalog and clicked on a button which was added to my "Home" page. Of course I may want the new button added to each page. How is this button then attached to the new page? My wife is a real estate teacher, so, I want those school directors who visit our site to know that Lillie will conduct/teach classes at their Real Estate School. The button could say, "Lillie Will Come To Your School". That's a long button . I will come up with something shorter, but just want to know how to do what I need done. I have moved all of the content on the Home Page down so that the new button won't interfere with anything. I will have to do the same for all of the other pages. I also must be aware of the "Mobile Site" as well.

robert

First add a new page to your site: In the Page & Layer Gallery select any page and click the button "New page." You can give the new page a new name. Now select your new button and click on the "Change" link in the blue bar. Now open the "Link to" drop-down window in the Web Properties dialog that appears, and select the page that you just created.

This procedure works independent from your navbar and gives you the design freedom that you mentioned you wanted to explore.