Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Xara Online Designer questions

Have been playing a bit with Xara Online Designer since the new splash screen showed up advertising a bunch of new features. Haven't found them yet, but still trying to do some very simple things. First ... how do you name or rename a file or folder? It's probably so obvious that I'll slap my forehead when someone tells me. I create a page which, logically, defaults to index.htm, but my question is how to name the website itself, of which index.htm is a part? I see Save, but not Save As. What am I not seeing, or understanding?

I don't have any need for collaborative work right now, nor do I have a need to operate on mobile devices, but I'm thinking that I should at least be conversant with this product so I will be prepared to recognize and seize upon an opportunity, should one arise in the future.

Have been working with Xara desktop products since about 2005, web designer since 2009, love 'em. Currently on Web Designer 365.

Default Re: Xara Online Designer questions

Hi Ken

Let me see if I can get someone from Xara to help out here. I have not taken the plunge just yet so I don't have half a clue.

Hi Ken, it's a bit of a convulated process. Try this.

With the document you want to copy open
    Click on Documents (Top Left)
    Select Make a Copy
    I next choose same tab.
    Edit/Amend content
    Save (As this new document is 'homeless' it ask which drive Dropbox/iCloud etc and you can select the required folder and give your document a new name.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Hi, i understand XOD can be used to create flyers. I have a XDP license. My question is how many users i am allowed to give access to XOD ?

Hi Ken,

Sorry, I didn't see your question pop up here lol. Currently to rename a file or folder you would have to do this through your cloud storage provider, however this will come soon in time

joicol - You can give as many users as you wish access to XOD currently. We're still working out pricing and access terms but currently for now whilst it's still in Beta it's free for all. I'll try to let everyone know as soon as possible the plans that they want to implement.

Many thanks
    Rob