Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 28 of 28
  1. #21
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Rialto, CA USA
    Posts
    5,115

    Default Re: 1954 Chevrolet BelAir Townsman

    Quote Originally Posted by wizard509 View Post
    That's a beauty Ron.

    EDIT: I was just relating a story that your drawing made me think of.
    I understood. I was just reminiscing as well and sharing what my intentions have been for some time now.

    Boy,
    I'm sorry. I'm not following your question.

    Gary,
    Whew! Thanks for your input. I truly appreciate it.
    R_o_n _a_l _d __C. __D_u_k_e

    x a r a . c o m..a r t i s t s ..g a l l e r y

    Xara's Facebook

    Xara Designer 12 Xara 3D7 Web Designer

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    2,693

    Default Re: 1954 Chevrolet BelAir Townsman

    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Duke View Post
    Boy,
    I'm sorry. I'm not following your question.
    The two cars are very similar, aren't they? So, my questions was, did you use elements from one drawing in the other?

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Rialto, CA USA
    Posts
    5,115

    Default Re: 1954 Chevrolet BelAir Townsman

    Quote Originally Posted by Boy View Post
    The two cars are very similar, aren't they? So, my questions was, did you use elements from one drawing in the other?
    So, the Custom, the convertible, posted here is drawn at a completely different angle/view, so none of the elements could simply be copied from one drawing to the other. To try to do that would involve so much editing that you would be better off drawing it from scratch.

    As far as the actual appearance of the two, the Crestliner was the same car, but with added features that weren't available on the Custom.

    Hope that answers your question.
    R_o_n _a_l _d __C. __D_u_k_e

    x a r a . c o m..a r t i s t s ..g a l l e r y

    Xara's Facebook

    Xara Designer 12 Xara 3D7 Web Designer

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Vancouver Island, British Columbia
    Posts
    3,605

    Default Re: 1954 Chevrolet BelAir Townsman

    If my memory serves me correctly Ron, those are Oldsmobile fiesta hubcaps on your brothers car. Very popular back then.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    StPeters, MO USA
    Posts
    8,585

    Default Re: 1954 Chevrolet BelAir Townsman

    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Duke View Post
    I understood. I was just reminiscing as well and sharing what my intentions have been for some time now.

    OK cool, I just didn't want you to think I was trying to get you to draw something juxt be casuse i was just reminiscing as well.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

    Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Rialto, CA USA
    Posts
    5,115

    Default Re: 1954 Chevrolet BelAir Townsman

    Quote Originally Posted by gray View Post
    If my memory serves me correctly Ron, those are Oldsmobile fiesta hubcaps on your brothers car. Very popular back then.
    Very observent Gray.
    I used them because neither my brother (78) nor myself could remember exactly what they looked like. We knew they were "spinners" but couldn' t remember their exact appearance. He remembered the red and white tuck n roll interior also, but again, not the exact detail.
    Sadly, no family pics show the car.
    R_o_n _a_l _d __C. __D_u_k_e

    x a r a . c o m..a r t i s t s ..g a l l e r y

    Xara's Facebook

    Xara Designer 12 Xara 3D7 Web Designer

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    2,693

    Default Re: 1954 Chevrolet BelAir Townsman

    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Duke View Post
    So, the Custom, the convertible, posted here is drawn at a completely different angle/view, so none of the elements could simply be copied from one drawing to the other. To try to do that would involve so much editing that you would be better off drawing it from scratch.

    As far as the actual appearance of the two, the Crestliner was the same car, but with added features that weren't available on the Custom.

    Hope that answers your question.
    Thanks Ron, you answered all my questions.

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Rialto, CA USA
    Posts
    5,115

    Default Re: 1954 Chevrolet BelAir Townsman

    Quote Originally Posted by Boy View Post
    Thanks Ron, you answered all my questions.
    You're welcome. Thanks for showing an interest.
    R_o_n _a_l _d __C. __D_u_k_e

    x a r a . c o m..a r t i s t s ..g a l l e r y

    Xara's Facebook

    Xara Designer 12 Xara 3D7 Web Designer

 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •