Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Missing Xara Slideshow widget

Hi, I looked in the content catalog and cannot find the Xara Slideshow widget. Has something changed in Xara Web Designer Pro 365? I had it before but cannot find it anymore, even tried to update the catalog with no success.

Thank you

Roly

Default Re: Missing Xara Slideshow widget

I guess it has been deprecated and replaced by new slideshows. I noticed a few new ones have been added.

Thanks Boy, what are the new ones called?

Ciao

Roly

From Insert menu, Online Content Catalog > Image Resources > Photo Slideshows and Galleries.

Many of the slide shows are marked New. But alas the Xara Slideshow is nowhere to be found. Often times these slideshows and widgets are produced and/or licensed by third parties and the licenses are not always renewed.

Thanks Gary, I copied a copy that I had used in an other website and modified it to my current needs. Is this a problem if the widget license was not renewed by Xara?

Ciao

Roly

I sent a request for clarification to Xara. Check back in a day or two and maybe we will know more.

Thanks Gary, much appreciated.

Ciao

Roly

Hi Roly, the slideshow widget has been removed temporarily, it will be back next month. In the meantime any existing ones will still work and can be edited, and it's fine to copy and edit the slideshow from your other website.
    Kate Moir
    [url]http://www.xara.com[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by katemoir View Post
    Hi Roly, the slideshow widget has been removed temporarily, it will be back next month. In the meantime any existing ones will still work and can be edited, and it's fine to copy and edit the slideshow from your other website.
    Kate, this is what rankles the most.

Some Xara users actually rely on your templates and widgets.
    To lose one from access, both on-line and locally saved shows me how easy it will be to lose any downloaded item as you have just demonstrated. Fortunately, I have squirrelled my downloads to a different directory so I can re-invoke those that are not tied to a Xara service.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thank you Kate for the update and glad to hear that the widget will be back. This is a very popular widget for many of the people I do work for.

Ciao

Roly