Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Test php code

Default Test php code

I went through some old posts in this forum on the possibility to include php code into a placeholder.

First, I published the website to my php server (a wordpress provider) and as test, I simply added <?php echo “hello world”;?> to my gallery page and renamed that to *.php on the server.

Of course this did not work, I know what I am trying is way too simplistic. But could someone give me a hint how I could get this to work ?

I've read somewhere you would need to configure two index files, one *.htm and another *.php ? Or should I rename all my files to *.php ?

Default Re: Test php code

On the page create a rectangle and with it still selected Web Properties / Placeholder / Body and paste in your simple php test code.

Publish to your server as an html page. Test. It won't work on the Xara Preview obviously.

http://www.parkeston.com/php-test/index.htm
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I have put a rectangle on my welcome/index page with the code, also the same on another page, but nothing visible happens. My site works as usual, but nothing seems to happen. It's as if I modified nothing at all. To make sure nothing goes wrong during the publication I put some text on the page and this appears ok.

I gave the rectangle a colour and brought it to front, but nothing. I did not rename any pages to *.php neither

Could it be that the rectangle I created is hidden ?

(As a further check I also posted your rectangle on 3 pages, also nothing)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Knipsel10.jpg 
Views:	180 
Size:	82.9 KB 
ID:	119151  
    Last edited by joicol; 28 October 2017 at 02:56 PM. Reason: add st

Egg - Does joicol's web host have to support .php?

Yes, but I assume it did from what he said.

Can you attach your home page joicol? I'll upload it to my server to test it.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I published the website in a sub-folder of my wordpress blog, so php should be enabled. I have attached the index file.

I had to rename index-kopie.htm to *.xar because chrome blocks the upload.
    Last edited by joicol; 28 October 2017 at 05:43 PM. Reason: attachment

You have to save the index page in your Xara app to a .xar file and not first export it to .htm.

Save as .xar ? Where ? I can only save as .web under File - save as

Xara has two default file extensions. You either save as a .web file or a .xar file dependent on the Xara software you're using. Either file type can be opened by you're software. So please post your .web file
    Egg

Red face Re: Test php code

ok, here we go

I am struggling with uploading *.web. No matter what I do, it does not want attach it.

Manage attachments - Add - Upload

Wow, what a struggle. It was because of the max. file size.