Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Test php code

Hybrid View

Default Test php code

I went through some old posts in this forum on the possibility to include php code into a placeholder.

First, I published the website to my php server (a wordpress provider) and as test, I simply added <?php echo “hello world”;?> to my gallery page and renamed that to *.php on the server.

Of course this did not work, I know what I am trying is way too simplistic. But could someone give me a hint how I could get this to work ?

I've read somewhere you would need to configure two index files, one *.htm and another *.php ? Or should I rename all my files to *.php ?

Default Re: Test php code

On the page create a rectangle and with it still selected Web Properties / Placeholder / Body and paste in your simple php test code.

Publish to your server as an html page. Test. It won't work on the Xara Preview obviously.

http://www.parkeston.com/php-test/index.htm
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I have put a rectangle on my welcome/index page with the code, also the same on another page, but nothing visible happens. My site works as usual, but nothing seems to happen. It's as if I modified nothing at all. To make sure nothing goes wrong during the publication I put some text on the page and this appears ok.

I gave the rectangle a colour and brought it to front, but nothing. I did not rename any pages to *.php neither

Could it be that the rectangle I created is hidden ?

(As a further check I also posted your rectangle on 3 pages, also nothing)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Knipsel10.jpg 
Views:	188 
Size:	82.9 KB 
ID:	119151  
    Last edited by joicol; 28 October 2017 at 01:56 PM. Reason: add st

Egg - Does joicol's web host have to support .php?

Yes, but I assume it did from what he said.

Can you attach your home page joicol? I'll upload it to my server to test it.
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I published the website in a sub-folder of my wordpress blog, so php should be enabled. I have attached the index file.

I had to rename index-kopie.htm to *.xar because chrome blocks the upload.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by joicol; 28 October 2017 at 04:43 PM. Reason: attachment

Did you have time to test it ? I uploaded the file as index.web.