Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Test php code

Default Re: Test php code

I believe, though I'm no expert, that on my server the php code is being converted to html on the fly. On your server it isn't, thus my suggestion you check that you have php on your hosting suppliers server
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

It seems that by changing the name of the page to *.php, the problem is solved

This is a consequence of not having a clear approach to integrating php code into the xara environment. However a nuts and bolts approach also seems to work

Apart from renaming all pages containing php code to *.php, another piece of the puzzle is the index page. I've read somewhere that one has to publish 2 index pages. An empty one index.htm and the "real" one index.php. Is this correct ?

It seems that by changing the name of the page to *.php, the problem is solved
    If it works for you, fine, but why then should it work for me without the need to change the the page file-type?

Apart from renaming all pages containing php code to *.php, another piece of the puzzle is the index page. I've read somewhere that one has to publish 2 index pages. An empty one index.htm and the "real" one index.php. Is this correct ?
    I do recall seeing posts on here re this issue. I don't know if it's correct or not.

HERE
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Thanks; I will check this with xara support