Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: When does it end?

yes but to be on the safe side I'd back it up - ie copy the folder it is downloded to somewhere else, if only because, if you have to reinstall the non-relicenced program, it will not re-install any of this

where C: is your system drive, the folder to copy as I recall [not using any of this overpriced fluff myself] is: C:\Users\your-user-name\AppData\Local\Xara\XtremePro\12\Cache\designs\eng
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by Boy View Post
    Even though I'm not handrawn..
    don't know about you, but I am really pleased to hear this
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    don't know about you, but I am really pleased to hear this
    The downside is that Xara has removed its limited application search function, so although you have everything, it is far harder to find it.
    [RANT ON]The Xara claim was it was limited and not good enough, which in its push for on-line, has always seemed to be a fabrication to me.
    If I can throw up an Excel extract of all the folder information and have that launch into either the folder location or open the XAR/WEB file then Xara could easily improve their built-in capability.[RANT OFF]

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I still think that is a good thing that they allow us to keep all of that.

Thumbs down Re: When does it end?

Quote Originally Posted by behzad View Post
    I still think that is a good thing that they allow us to keep all of that.
    Xara always did and there was no ambiguity; now it is an unnecessary fight.

User Stories:

1. Paid-up Customer decides not to renew - loss of upgrades and potentially all Local Design gallery content
    2. Xara removes a widget - loss of utility - the above
    3. Xara mucks up content publication - loss of all Local Design gallery content - it has happened
    4. Xara folds - loss of upgrades and potentially all Local Design gallery content

Prior to 365, I had a perpetual licence to the last upgrade and had a copy of the designs quite secure and could search for content.
    As my major customers are not connected to the Internet and are running an Intranet, on-line content delivers nothing so I have to make do and mend.

In a business case to swing all design across to Xara, I cannot offer any assurances to my Customers.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Hi, I have a Xara Premium 365 (v15) License and had it activated on both my desktop and laptop with no problems.
    I recently updated the desktop with the Win 10 x64 April Update v.1803 and now i have lost access to Online Content Catalogue.
    It states i have to buy any content.
    I tried running as Administrator, i uninstalled and reinstalled sometimes with no success.
    Anybody can help me ?
    Thanks a lot !

I had same problem ..... sent Matt Bolton an email and got it sorted out ....
    matt@xara.com

Hope that helps .

Mike
    Life's too important to be serious
    Intel (R) Core (TM) i5-2400 CPU @ 3.10GHz 3.10 GHz / 8 GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti
    / Dual Monitor. / Windows 7 Home premium 64bit .