Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default Re: When does it end?

@handrawn what is it that I hear if you right click on the design gallery and it says download all, what does that do?

Even though I'm not handrawn: It downloads all contents for that particular folder onto your harddisk.

I think it downloads the thumbnails not the actual content like sliders etc....?

No, it downloads all contents. You can check it by dragging & dropping contents into your document (or click the Open or Import buttons at the top of the Local Designs Gallery).

Beware though that depending on the speed of your internet connection download times may be long for some of the contents folders.

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

And that content will AFAIK still be accessible if you don't have an internet connection.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

yes but to be on the safe side I'd back it up - ie copy the folder it is downloded to somewhere else, if only because, if you have to reinstall the non-relicenced program, it will not re-install any of this

where C: is your system drive, the folder to copy as I recall [not using any of this overpriced fluff myself] is: C:\Users\your-user-name\AppData\Local\Xara\XtremePro\12\Cache\designs\eng
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by Boy View Post
    Even though I'm not handrawn..
    don't know about you, but I am really pleased to hear this
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    don't know about you, but I am really pleased to hear this
    The downside is that Xara has removed its limited application search function, so although you have everything, it is far harder to find it.
    [RANT ON]The Xara claim was it was limited and not good enough, which in its push for on-line, has always seemed to be a fabrication to me.
    If I can throw up an Excel extract of all the folder information and have that launch into either the folder location or open the XAR/WEB file then Xara could easily improve their built-in capability.[RANT OFF]

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I still think that is a good thing that they allow us to keep all of that.

Thumbs down Re: When does it end?

Quote Originally Posted by behzad View Post
    I still think that is a good thing that they allow us to keep all of that.
    Xara always did and there was no ambiguity; now it is an unnecessary fight.

User Stories:

1. Paid-up Customer decides not to renew - loss of upgrades and potentially all Local Design gallery content
    2. Xara removes a widget - loss of utility - the above
    3. Xara mucks up content publication - loss of all Local Design gallery content - it has happened
    4. Xara folds - loss of upgrades and potentially all Local Design gallery content

Prior to 365, I had a perpetual licence to the last upgrade and had a copy of the designs quite secure and could search for content.
    As my major customers are not connected to the Internet and are running an Intranet, on-line content delivers nothing so I have to make do and mend.

In a business case to swing all design across to Xara, I cannot offer any assurances to my Customers.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat