Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Change text font on all pages ?

Is there an easy way to change all the text font style on all pages at once ? At least without having to select each text window.

Default Re: Change text font on all pages ?

The easiest way is to use the Style function on the Text control bar (shows when you select the Text Tool).

Text by default is the Normal Text style. Select a paragraph of text and make the changes you want.

With the text still selected, right click and select Update Other Style to Match, and then in the next menu, if it says Normal Text, click Apply.

This changes all Normal Text to match your new settings.

You can do this for Headings and any other styles.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	update style to match.png 
Views:	87 
Size:	24.3 KB 
ID:	119138  

Sorry, I didn't get this. I tried it for one page and one text box. But I see no change for other pages.

On all 20+ pages the text font is currently Lucida Handwriting including the headers. Let's say I want to change all that into Verdana font. I select the text on the main page, select the Vedana font and then right click and select Update Other Style to Match - Apply. So I guess I should do this page by page ?

Did you use Styles in your design process? If not, check out "Text Styles" in the Help file.

This only works if you are modifying an existing style.

But you can create or modify an existing style, then Apply this style to selected text. It is not automatic if the text you want to change does not have an existing style.

No I didn't. So I should first create a style for my text boxes ? Create style - give a name - paragraph style - based on ... next, outline ? I don't know what to select here.

The primary options are Normal Text and Headings 1, 2 and 3.

You can create new styles.

By default, all text you paste or create should be Normal Text. And as Boy suggest, search in Help for Text Styles.

Experiment with this to see how it works.

I went through the help, tried it out, but it only works in simple cases, i.e. when you have normal text everywhere.

What if I have already a font, say Lucid on all 20 pages and want to change that into some other font ?

It depends. If the text you entered has no style assigned, you will first have to create one by selecting a part of the text and choose the "Create style..." option from the Style drop-down window and give it a name. Next you will have to select each block of similar text (or at least part of each paragraph contained therein) on your site and assign this new style to it so that the program knows which text has that style. Only now can you make global changes.

If the Lucid text that you have typed has the normal text style assigned to it, it will show a '+' sign behind it. This tells you that the old normal text style has been changed but has not yet be saved as such. In that case, select "Update 'normal text' in this variant."

Using Styles makes maintaining your site a lot easier but it takes a bit of time to figure out how it works. The earlier in the process of designing your site you assign/create styles, the easier it is to make changes as the one you now wish to apply. Best thing is to experiment with a dummy site so you won't mess up your website.
    Last edited by Boy; 03 November 2017 at 10:31 AM.