Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Embedded video options

I've gone through previous post here about embedded videos and saw nothing that addressed our issues so hoping you can help.

My client wants to embed their own YouTube video (video has not been created yet, will be later today). I experimented with embedding an Xara tutorial YouTube video. Here's what I need help with please.

1) We want the actual video to be as wide as some other text on our page but thinner than most videos. Our video will be off scrolling informational type text.
    On the Xara video I embedded to test with, when I changed the width from 560 px to 1000 px and the height from 315 to 250, when previewed it seems the iframe was the right size (1000 x 250) but the actual video still appeared the same original size.

2) We want our information text video to be on a constant loop rather than having to manually click it to begin. Can that be coded?

3) We plan to video with no sound but it may be impossible to prevent room noises or outside traffic noise. Can the sound option on the video be removed or disabled by code? Asking because, if the viewer does click for sound, the sound quality will not sound very professional.

If embedding a YouTube video is not the best option for what we are trying to do I'm open for other suggestions.

Thank you in advance for your help!!

Default Re: Embedded video options

Hi Alliefan, you appear to be putting the cart before the horse here.

If you want your video to be of a certain width/height then create it at that size, then upload it to YouTube. Similarly if you don't want audio, record the video without audio. What software will you be using to create these videos?

Are you wanting auto-start or auto-loop?

Vimeo is a great alternative but it's not free.
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Egg, thank you for the that and I'm sure you are right (about the cart) I need to check with them on those things then and thanks for the Vimeo suggestion. One more question in the mean-time. Once the video is made and loaded to YouTube, is there anyway of removing the YouTube logos, ads, etc from the iframe? I guess my question is .. is there another option to have a looping scrolling text box without it looking like an embedded YouTube video? My client is very adamant about a looping scrolling text box and now they are saying they don't like a "video" look. I'm all out of ideas on how to make this section of their website.

Okay Alliefan,

Could you first answer this question as I'm unsure what you want?

Are you wanting auto-start or auto-loop?
    Next, can you expand on what you mean by:

I guess my question is .. is there another option to have a looping scrolling text box without it looking like an embedded YouTube video?
    Does it even need video if it's just "looping scrolling text box"? Can you expand your needs &/or supply am example of what you are trying to achieve?
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

In this THREAD Acorn provided a very good example to use the slimScroller JQuery plugin. If Egg is right and you just want some automatically scrolling text then Acorns example can be changed to use the JQuery Marquee plugin (see http://aamirafridi.com/jquery/jquery-marquee-plugin ).
    There are some options (for duration, gap size and some more, some may require additional plugins though) at the placeholder head code you can experiment with.
    Attached Files Attached Files

By the way. I had created a widget for the JQuery Marquee plugin and posted it in this THREAD. If it is okay to you that the scrolling text is exported as a picture you can use that widget and change the direction option to 2 (for UP) to achieve the same effect. Just put your text in one group and delete the rest of the pages. Or just experiment with the options...
    I am just working on an improved version of that plugin. Please post here if you would like to see the result when it is finished.
    Changes are the corrections of some problems with InternetExplorer, the possibility to define a scroll speed instead of a duration (which only matters in case the stretch option is used) and an option to support CSS3 transformation to improve performance, and lastly a correction of some odd behavior when using the "Pause on hover" option.

Here is an example of what I think you want to achieve. It is using the marquee widget mentioned in the post above. I have also posted the new version of the widget at the linked thread.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Siran, I think that is exactly what my client is looking for. I'm sure I may have a question or two but let me work with this a day or two and respond back. You have made my day!! Thank you.

Siran, I will experiment with the different examples you have posted. And yes, I would like to see the final versions. Thank you

Ok the widget_jqMarquee_v1_0.xar widget works perfectly. One question...I have png of quotation marks that we wanted to use around the text that will be on each slide. The quote marks we wanted to use have an animated look that we wanted. I tried tried inserting them in the text then exporting it out as a png then importing it back in but it will not show up that way. Is there any way of being about to use text along with some graphics on these slides?