Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Need scrolling text within a box

I am using Xara Web Designer Premium 365. My client wants a dark box somewhere on the page for some scrollable text. The text is to scroll only within that box area. I watched an Xara YouTube training viedo that instructed using this HTML code placed in the body.

<textarea readonly rows="25" cols="50">

what ever text I choose to place here

</textarea>

It works, however, I now have a dark box (which I need) with a white box inside where the text is (which I do not need) and then the black colored wording. What I need is to be able to have the text area be transparent and I would like control over the color of the text so that I end up with only the dark box on the page with the white text scrolling within. Is there a different code I can use or can this code be edited?

Default Re: Need scrolling text within a box

Have you tried;

<textarea readonly rows="25" cols="50" style="color: yellow; background-color: transparent;">
    what ever text I choose to place here
    </textarea>

This is a more refine Xara approach: http://acorn.xara.hosting/slimScroll/.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Nice.

This is EXACTLY what I was looking for. Thank you sooo much!!

Glad we could help,
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Wondering if you can help me with an adjustment to this scrolling text box. It works great but my client has decided he doesn't want a fixed page so I've changed it to a scrolling page. There will be information on the page above and below this scrolling text box. When I removed the fixed/sticky feature to this box, it now scrolls too of course. I guess there is no way of scrolling down to the page until getting to the box and then being able to scroll through the text until you get to the end and then have the text box continue to scroll up.

Quote Originally Posted by Alliefan View Post
    Wondering if you can help me with an adjustment to this scrolling text box. It works great but my client has decided he doesn't want a fixed page so I've changed it to a scrolling page. There will be information on the page above and below this scrolling text box. When I removed the fixed/sticky feature to this box, it now scrolls too of course. I guess there is no way of scrolling down to the page until getting to the box and then being able to scroll through the text until you get to the end and then have the text box continue to scroll up.
    None I can think of. The window and text box have two separate focuses so switching automatically between each would depend on window scroll position and probably a lot of code.

Sorry,
    Acorn

I think Acorn is right about "a lot of code". But fortunately I already have some. I agree if you think this is too much code though. And it also doesn't even try to do focus handling...
    Had to change Acorns code a bit to make it compatible with the "layer animation toolbox".
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hi Siran, the placeholders don't appear in your attachment
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host