Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Limited fonts pop-up menu style ?

Fonts for the pop-up menu style seem to be rather limited. Is this normal ? I would for instance need some italic font.

Default Re: Limited fonts pop-up menu style ?

Yes it is limited I think to the web safe fonts. We have asked many times for support for more fonts. But so far this has not happened.

It is far more flexible to use CSS to build your own NavBar - no limits.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

ok, how would one then integrate this CSS code into Xara ? Do you have any examples ?

See the attached xar file. Acorn supplied a link to this css menu generator and how it's integrated into Xara.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    See the attached xar file. Acorn supplied a link to this css menu generator and how it's integrated into Xara.
    Thanks Egg,
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Very useful Egg - what controls the width and position of the nav bar? - Acorn's version sits down from the top of the age and is nicely centred - the "version" I downloaded has the menu bar jammed against the LHS of the page and extending almost all the way to the right.
    I copied and pasted Acorns code and "my" code onto a page side by side to compare - looked at padding and margins but cant see where to change this....

The positioning of the bar is set by the location of the placeholder LGF. The width of the bar is set by the placeholders width, no narrow & the buttons overflow into second line, to long and it displays the menu background with to much empty space on the right.

See attached.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

The positioning of the bar is set by the location of the placeholder LGF. The width of the bar is set by the placeholders width, no narrow & the buttons overflow into second line, to long and it displays the menu background with to much empty space on the right.

See attached.
    I started with a new bar and it works perfectly - musty have made an error somewhere in my first attempt.
    Many thanks once again Egg for all your help.

Great I must say centering the buttons longitudinally to the background shape can be problematic. Get it looking centered can be done but then the sub-menu drop downs often close before you can mouse over them, so consequently you need to un-centre the buttons slightly to remove this problem.
    Egg