Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: What features would you like to see in the Online Designer?

Let's hope your hunch is correct...

Please show me wrong but I would like to have a web Preview without having to go to the main application.

It seems a large oversight not to have this already.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by yjs View Post
    Do you have a particular reason to think this is imminent? If you are right, it would be wonderful. But in the past when I and others have asked about support for tables, the response on this list has usually been that it would need a big change in the code base and is unlikely. Then we got an extremely limited 'table' feature which really isn't adequate for most needs. Then people on this list supplied workarounds involving placeholders and Google Docs which are nice (I use them myself) but way beyond what you could expect of most non-techie users. When I'd take people for a test drive, one of the first things they'd ask was 'Where's the button to insert a table?' (not 'Is there a way to insert a table?'). XWD says right at the start of its help files that the appearance of websites is important and that you should only have to use one programme. But if a small business just wants an easy-on-the-eye list of their services and charges... or an easily editable table of staff with their photos, phone numbers and areas of speciality.. or a nicely formatted list of conferences and dates, with the ability to add/delete lines...they have a problem. Many of these people don't need a full-blown CMS.
    I chatted with xara recently and understand there is some work towards a better table widget. No commitment on time but very pleased to hear there is work on it.

Quote Originally Posted by onlye View Post
    I chatted with xara recently and understand there is some work towards a better table widget. No commitment on time but very pleased to hear there is work on it.
    Thanks onlye, this is great news. I do hope that they will liaise in depth about the feature set with people who actually use tables constantly. The current table widget seems like a well-intentioned gesture from developers who didn't really understand what table-users really need (including the usability factor, which is normally Xara's great strength in other areas).

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Please show me wrong but I would like to have a web Preview without having to go to the main application.
    It seems a large oversight not to have this already.
    Acorn
    Share icon > Share... > Copy (link) > Paste into Browser address bar.

Not very webby,
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

What I would like to is the ability to add and manage users for a document. For example I am hoping to use the OD for a project at work and if it proves well I could be asked to do more documents and while one dropbox account would be used for store access different employees may require different access to certain documents ie: lower level personnel might not need, or should have, access to certain documents.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

The Table of contents features that the desktop versions have.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

What I would really like to see in Online Designer is the option to remove it completely from Xara, instead of having to disconnect the internet to prevent it doing what it does.
    Bob.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

Quote Originally Posted by iamtheblues View Post
    What I would really like to see in Online Designer is the option to remove it completely from Xara, instead of having to disconnect the internet to prevent it doing what it does.
    Bob.
    Bob, are you confusing the Online Designer from the On-line Content Catalogue? The former is disconnected from the Xara desktop application.

Acorn

Yep, more than likely Acorn. I'm not really in favour of any application that insists on an internet connection for ordinary usage, it is all intrusive, whichever it is, I'm not interested in anything from the Online Catalogue or the Online Designer, so whatever the nomenclature is, I don't want it! I sound like a Luddite, but I'm not, honestly.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.