Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Default What features would you like to see in the Online Designer?

lets make a list of what features we would like to see in Online Designer.

Some things I've mentioned in the other thread are:
    e-book export with flipping pages
    boolean operations like join, add, subtract, intersect etc.
    drawing tools like a pen tool and a freehand tool
    photo filters
    and the ability to create my own text styles

Some new ones:
    spirals
    brushes
    more templates
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Default Re: What features would you like to see in the Online Designer?

Smart connectors

Most of the letter and resume' templates are A4 documents. I'd like for the templates to also be offered in US letter size.

jww

A "Save As" feature.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Thanks for the feedback so far. Some of the requests above are already in the pipeline, for example expect to see US Letter sized templates soon. Others will be added to the wishlist for consideration.

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

I don't know if this is possible in an online browser driven format but I'd like to see layers in the Online designer
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Well they are targeting the business market, where I'd think the lack of native support for tables is going to be an even bigger stumbling block than in the desktop version. (Yes, I know there are workarounds...)

I think they'll sort that in the not to distant future.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    I think they'll sort that in the not to distant future.
    Do you have a particular reason to think this is imminent? If you are right, it would be wonderful. But in the past when I and others have asked about support for tables, the response on this list has usually been that it would need a big change in the code base and is unlikely. Then we got an extremely limited 'table' feature which really isn't adequate for most needs. Then people on this list supplied workarounds involving placeholders and Google Docs which are nice (I use them myself) but way beyond what you could expect of most non-techie users. When I'd take people for a test drive, one of the first things they'd ask was 'Where's the button to insert a table?' (not 'Is there a way to insert a table?'). XWD says right at the start of its help files that the appearance of websites is important and that you should only have to use one programme. But if a small business just wants an easy-on-the-eye list of their services and charges... or an easily editable table of staff with their photos, phone numbers and areas of speciality.. or a nicely formatted list of conferences and dates, with the ability to add/delete lines...they have a problem. Many of these people don't need a full-blown CMS.

Do you have a particular reason to think this is imminent?
    None at all. However in my own personal opinion Xara is trying to escape from the original source code engine behind Xara software which is now very long in the tooth and redevelop this via Xara Online software. I've no evidence of this, just a hunch
    Egg