Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
I think they'll sort that in the not to distant future.
Do you have a particular reason to think this is imminent? If you are right, it would be wonderful. But in the past when I and others have asked about support for tables, the response on this list has usually been that it would need a big change in the code base and is unlikely. Then we got an extremely limited 'table' feature which really isn't adequate for most needs. Then people on this list supplied workarounds involving placeholders and Google Docs which are nice (I use them myself) but way beyond what you could expect of most non-techie users. When I'd take people for a test drive, one of the first things they'd ask was 'Where's the button to insert a table?' (not 'Is there a way to insert a table?'). XWD says right at the start of its help files that the appearance of websites is important and that you should only have to use one programme. But if a small business just wants an easy-on-the-eye list of their services and charges... or an easily editable table of staff with their photos, phone numbers and areas of speciality.. or a nicely formatted list of conferences and dates, with the ability to add/delete lines...they have a problem. Many of these people don't need a full-blown CMS.