Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Xara goes cloud. Rioting breaks out. ;)

@ Gare

But please don't shoot the messenger, okay?

Even if the Admin was not my spouse, I'd ask for the same civility as you pay other volunteer tg staff.
    Who's shooting the messenger? I've seen no derogatory remarks towards anyone.
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    @ Gare
    Who's shooting the messenger? I've seen no derogatory remarks towards anyone.
    Egg, two nations... one language. "Hell" and Fart" may have different connotations across the Pond. I did take what was said to be about the message.

What Magix/Xara is doing now is how I felt when Joss Wheldon's Firefly was axed, 14 years ago. But hey, life goes on; without Wash.

I am saddened by the loss of the Xara Affiliate Program. A switch to Magix's offer is not one I wish to follow right now but to have to dig into sites to find any mention of the Xara (dead) affiliate link is not a task I had planned for.

Magix/Xara has made an astounding statement about "version 15" so I am waiting for Christmas to come early.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

There was one post that appeared earlier that has now been edited, perhaps Gare might have been referring to that?

I have created a thread here https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...r&goto=newpost
    where we can all list features that might make the Online designer more useful to us
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Xara Goes Cloud... Please enlighten me what this means?

When I'm reading it I can only think of 1 thing regardless what I read about version 15 coming out soon.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dutchim View Post
    Xara Goes Cloud... Please enlighten me what this means?

When I'm reading it I can only think of 1 thing regardless what I read about version 15 coming out soon.

Thanks
    As best I can figure in look at the link to Barbara's message, it means the cloud-based web design.

"The Xara sales and marketing team will focus on introducing the new cloud based creative service to the world.

Drawing upon our strong expertise in graphics, photo, and text editing software, we have pushed the boundaries to develop a new cloud-based solution for businesses, not seen before. We look forward to telling you about our exciting new SaaS solution soon.” said Charles Moir, Xara’s Founder and Chief Software Architect."

I added the highlight to the quotation.
    John CB
    Xara DPX(19.0.1.65946)

Quote Originally Posted by angelize View Post
    There was one post that appeared earlier that has now been edited, perhaps Gare might have been referring to that?

I have created a thread here https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...r&goto=newpost
    where we can all list features that might make the Online designer more useful to us
    Thanks you Frances, I therefore slighted Egg for which I apologise. Sorry Egg.
    I'm still young, you know, but I never want to tread on egg shells either.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Rob-Xar View Post
    Just to reiterate what Kate said as there seems to be a lot of misunderstanding here. Magix are looking after support and sales and marketing, but we Xara are still developing the program and providing escalated support for Magix also. This is an expansion of resources if anything.

So for example, Ernie - 'Maybe can anybody from Magix give a clarifying answer where the future of XDP is' - they can't because the future of the program is still with us

And as Kate also said, we all from Xara will still be here to help and if anything will hopefully have more time to devote to responding to TG. Even members from Magix will be here to help so it should bolster support and communication between everyone. This should be beneficial for all

Thanks
    Rob
    Great to hear that!

If an expanded support structure means that we will have access to telephone support that will be a big positive.

However if this means that we will be speaking to a member of the Magix team who only has generic IT skills and has to escalate to an Xara colleague it may not really add any value.

I am all for progress but only if it genuinely provides a better product or service for the end user.

Quote Originally Posted by angelize View Post

Not a biggie, egg, Frances, acorn.

I probably was wrong in feeling members were venting at someone who is not part of the situation. She's only reporting from Magix, in a digestible fashion. IOW, she gets 100 words, she pares it down to 20, she posts.

Thanks, tho'

-g

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Egg, two nations... one language. "Hell" and Fart" may have different connotations across the Pond. I did take what was said to be about the message.

What Magix/Xara is doing now is how I felt when Joss Wheldon's Firefly was axed, 14 years ago. But hey, life goes on; without Wash.

I am saddened by the loss of the Xara Affiliate Program. A switch to Magix's offer is not one I wish to follow right now but to have to dig into sites to find any mention of the Xara (dead) affiliate link is not a task I had planned for.

Magix/Xara has made an astounding statement about "version 15" so I am waiting for Christmas to come early.

Acorn
    Ditto concerning Firefly! Whedon's done well with The Avengers, so there is some consolation there. And we have Mr. Robot, The Orville, the new Star Trek, The Magicians, so we keep driving, but switch lanes, if that metaphor holds up.

This stuff already happened over a year ago, as I look back at minor changes. It's just that it's official now. Can I presume that when Brexit was impending, Xara moved operations to a solid EU country?

Just none of my business :)

Gary