Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Default Re: XARA-GOES-CLOUD-AND-SECURES-GLOBAL-DISTRIBUTION-OF-ITS-DESKTOP-PRODUCTS-WITH-PART

Until I see most complicatet things goin on in Magix, I can't believe Xara will grow to be one of the leader to beat. I don't thing a company like Magix make Xara great again.
    I'll watch about this and when time is comming, I'll leave Xara finally. Because there is for me no future! Maybe can anybody from Magix give a clarifying answer where the future of XDP is.
    If not: by by Xara, we got a good time but You've leave me. It's sad, but other mothers have good looking daughters too.

Default Re: XARA-GOES-CLOUD-AND-SECURES-GLOBAL-DISTRIBUTION-OF-ITS-DESKTOP-PRODUCTS-WITH-PART

I saw it coming...no surprise...

It should be benificial - xara marketing has always been too low key and the support, whilst good, way under-resourced - it never made a lot of sense for magix and xara to be dupicating effort in the way they did

I do have concerns about the longlevity of the XARA marque; it may just end up as a label to stick on a product, but that is sentiment on my part not business..

I wish everyone the best and hope it all works out

Default Xara goes cloud. Rioting breaks out. ;)

I know this is a hot topic.

I can be nothing but so.

But please don't shoot the messenger, okay?

Even if the Admin was not my spouse, I'd ask for the same civility as you pay other volunteer tg staff.

Thanks,

Gary

Default Re: Xara goes cloud. Rioting breaks out. ;)

Just to reiterate what Kate said as there seems to be a lot of misunderstanding here. Magix are looking after support and sales and marketing, but we Xara are still developing the program and providing escalated support for Magix also. This is an expansion of resources if anything.

So for example, Ernie - 'Maybe can anybody from Magix give a clarifying answer where the future of XDP is' - they can't because the future of the program is still with us :)

And as Kate also said, we all from Xara will still be here to help and if anything will hopefully have more time to devote to responding to TG. Even members from Magix will be here to help so it should bolster support and communication between everyone. This should be beneficial for all :)

Thanks
    Rob

Thanks, Rob.

Name:  sig-monstert-01.jpg
Views: 277
Size:  6.4 KB

aye - it's good to hear that TG will remain a support portal even [presumably] when support tickets go to magix...:

Quote Originally Posted by katemoir
    ...this means new sales, upgrades and renewals will happen via Magix, and in due course support as well...
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	snap01.png 
Views:	99 
Size:	4.1 KB 
ID:	119108
    ~Fred

Whew, finally!

For those who have Magix products other than the Xara line, having accounts in more than one place has been confusing. For most of my Magix products, like Music Maker and Video Pro X and Movie Edit Pro, etc., my account was under Magix.com. For Xara products, it was under Xara.com. Now, everything (almost) shows up under one place, ok, both places for now. I looked at my account under Xara.com and I see my purchased products for both the Magix products and the Xara products. I look at my account under Magix.com and I get the same list. So, my understanding is that everything is now in one place. Great! Almost. There are other Magix products that I have, Samplitude versions, that show up only in my Magix-audio.com account for Pro-Audio Service Centre. So, for Samplitude, I have to go there; for everything else, I have to go to Magix.com, but at least I no longer also have think about which account my Xara purchases are located. Hopefully, Magix will also move Samplitude and Sequoia to Magix-com so that everything is in one place. To illustrate more confusion, Magix has offered Samplitude bundled with other Magix products. The other Magix products got registered in the Magix.com account, but Samplitude in the Pro-Audio account. Users would look for Samplitude in their Magix.com account and not find it, and vice versa.

So, that is all this is really about as far as I can tell. Purchased products all show up under one Magix account.

As far as marketing, Magix has been marketing and selling Xara products on Magix.com for years. There is much more traffic on Magix.com than on Xara.com. Users of Movie Edit Pro and Video Pro X will find it useful to purchase Xara P&GD or DPX as it works closely with the video editors. So there is a whole market there for Xara and much more exposure than just on the Xara.com site. This makes sense to me.

There is another product line, the ex-Sony Creative Software, particularly Vegas, that Magix purchased last year. Although marketed on the Magix.com site, there is Vegascreativesoftware.com and I believe that Vegas gets registered to a separate database, just like Xara products were, but as I don't have any, I'm not sure. If so, then other Magix products bundled with Vegas would be registered to Magix.com, etc., thus more confusion.

Lastly, for Ernie, who, for some reason does not like Magix, I find Magix very good. Their products are good and support is reasonable. Looking elsewhere, like Corel, their support is for one month. Magix gives you 12 months. Big difference there. Also, I believe that someone mentioned that Magix products are not for professionals (but Xara is). Not true. Video Pro X, Samplitude and Sequoia are used by professionals, with the latter two top of the line. Even Movie Edit Pro Plus/Premium is used by professionals. And now with Vegas in the line-up, even more professionals use Magix products.

My experience with Magix over the last few years has been very good. They are proactive and trying to lead, which is not always easy. So far, I have seen no interference with Xara from Magix. My only beef was that there was a problem for a couple of versions of Xara of using it with the video editors. The animation part did not work. I complained. They got it working finally. There were some bugs (in Xara). I complained. The bugs were fixed. I'm happy. As Xara works with the video editors, as does 3DMaker, I can see no reason for Magix to want anything other than to be able to promote Xara as an excellent, must-have tool.

On the Magix forum, the Magix person assigned to the forum posted a message soliciting a wish-list for Video Pro X in a couple of languages. Great initiative from Magix! Here, we have Dear Xara, and we know that Xara monitors it and other posts.

That's my 2 cents.
    John CB
    Xara DPX(19.0.1.65946)

Quote Originally Posted by Rob-Xar View Post
    So for example, Ernie - 'Maybe can anybody from Magix give a clarifying answer where the future of XDP is' - they can't because the future of the program is still with us
    Thanks
    Rob
    O.K.! And where is the answere from XARA? Why don't give us Xara a direction plan for, maybe the next two years? What is so ominous or where is the secret we are not allowed to know?
    We USERS are the pay poeple who will stay with XARA as a, dont say leader, but a good tool to get a answer to all the „A“-driven competitions.
    So where is the problem to comunicate with the users?
    All You answers where, I say it in German, wischi waschi. So if anybody of Magix is here it will be able to understand it. I think I'm angry and that is not a good way to comunicate.

For now I leave and wish us „The XARA-Users“ and „Developers“ all the best.