Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Default XARA-GOES-CLOUD-AND-SECURES-GLOBAL-DISTRIBUTION-OF-ITS-DESKTOP-PRODUCTS-WITH-PARTNER

Well Barbara I'm totally underwhelmed at the latest TG announcement thread re XARA-GOES-CLOUD-AND-SECURES-GLOBAL-DISTRIBUTION-OF-ITS-DESKTOP-PRODUCTS-WITH-PARTNER

What a load of techno speak / spin that says nothing. Would you like to explain in simple layman's language what the hell this article is talking about?

THREAD
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Default Re: XARA-GOES-CLOUD-AND-SECURES-GLOBAL-DISTRIBUTION-OF-ITS-DESKTOP-PRODUCTS-WITH-PART

I'm not Barbara but here is my take.

Magix will take over marketing development and support for the Xara graphics products.

Xara will continue to develop and expand the capabilities of the On-line product.

To be honest I am not sure how I feel about this. It will depend on how Magix handles the Xara product line.

Default Re: XARA-GOES-CLOUD-AND-SECURES-GLOBAL-DISTRIBUTION-OF-ITS-DESKTOP-PRODUCTS-WITH-PART

To be honest I am not sure how I feel about this.
    Nor do I Gary, it's all as clear as mud. Is Magix now becoming the sole distributor of previous Xara software? Is Xara abandoning it's desktop software to Magix? Is Xara, having released their desktop software distribution to Magix, going all out for a cloud version of Xara On-line?

Fart and give us a clue please
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I am going to open up my tool box and add a few other tools to it in the event that xara no longer is the xara that I once knew. Serif is a good one now for graphics and wordpress I already know, so possibly divi or beaverbuilder would be fine working with wordpress. I can always design with xara and have someone convert the graphics to wordpress. So the possibilities are endless. Do not worry, expand your horizon passed that of xara or magix.

Well, the writing was on the wall.

What I would like to know is who is going to be doing the coding for XDP? Not very explicit on that point...nor any other points for that matter.

Exactly Mike.
    Egg

I like that while the announcement makes it sound like a near-future event...it happened yesterday.

I also note that for now TG remains in-place. It will royally suck once the only forum will be that thing of a site MagixTricks uses.

WILL YOU STILL BE DEVELOPING YOUR DESKTOP PRODUCTS?Absolutely, we will continue to release exciting new features and performance improvements on the Xara Designer titles. In fact, desktop version 15 will be released in the next two months with customer requested features of today.
    Desktop version 15? How do I move from v12.8? I'm so excited.
    Next two months? Did our upgrade fees pay for this transition or development work?
    Customer requested features of today? However can we validate this statement?

I wish Xara and Magix all the best.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Hi All

Hopefully the FAQs at the bottom of the announcement (http://www.xara.com/press/2017-10-23/) provide some extra clarity! This effects sales, marketing and support of the English language versions, there are no changes at all in our development teams. They will continue to work on desktop and Online Designer as before. Magix has handled the non-english versions since 2007 so those of you using the German version, for example, will see no change at all. But for all English speaking customers - the majority of you here - this means new sales, upgrades and renewals will happen via Magix, and in due course support as well. They have much bigger sales and support teams than Xara, and a huge amount of international experience to call on, so I am sure this is going to bring some improvements.

v15. Yes, I realize how odd that seems, I can only say there was some internal logic in making that the next version number!

We are not going to disappear from TalkGraphics by the way, you will still see Xara people here, but you will also see a couple of our Magix colleagues as well.
    Kate Moir
    [url]http://www.xara.com[/url]

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	label-990091_640.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	112.2 KB 
ID:	119104