Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Default Re: Xara goes cloud. Rioting breaks out. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Gare View Post
    I probably was wrong in feeling members were venting at someone who is not part of the situation. She's only reporting from Magix, in a digestible fashion. IOW, she gets 100 words, she pares it down to 20, she posts.

It's no big deal but it was a bit confusing that this message was posted by 'someone who is not part of the situation'. It's a company announcement and they are usually made by a Xara officer.

these company announcements are made by a Xara officer, in the xara press release section of the xara website here: http://www.xara.com/uk/press/ which anyone with an interest in the actual company will/should be aware of

Barbara linked; TG is not run by the company [just funded] so I would imagine that it is not really for the company to use it as a forum for actual company policy
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

At TG these company announcements are mostly made on the "TalkGraphics Announcements" forum, the last few years mostly by Kate Moir: https://www.talkgraphics.com/forumdi...-Announcements. There was no other name on it than Barbara's (except the press contact) and initially I did not understand that she was 'linking;' hence my confusion.

I'm confident Barbara will step in here shortly; I don't really care about corporate policy—I'm an artist/end user. I'm not going to change the fate of Xara Designer, be that end game real or imagined.

I regret that things seems less clear rather then clearer, folks. I'm only typing this because Barbara was up until 3 in the morning putting out a server siege. So tg could keep working.

So people are free to post what they like, within guidelines.

Get the sub-text?

-g

I take an interest in all the companies whose products I use on a 'renewal' basis for mission critical work; it's a form of 'due diligence'
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

I take an interest in all the companies whose products I use on a 'renewal' basis for mission critical work; it's a form of 'due diligence'
    I cannot say I have ever seen any of your work, mission critical or otherwise. Do you have a website Steve?

Exclamation Re: Xara goes cloud. Rioting breaks out. ;)

Hi All,

Sorry for any confusion regarding the announcement and its origin and that I did not address this sooner in this thread.

It is true that I am not an Xara or Magix officer and I should have made it clearer that I was repeating and linking to an official Xara/Magix announcement and for that I apologize.

Everything in the announcement is part of of the official press release made by Xara and Magix. There is no doubt about the accuracy or the source of the information.

I have also spoken privately to Kate Moir and she told me just as she said previously in this thread and in the PR FAQ, that development on the traditional desktop products continues unabated. Rob-Xar said the same in this thread.

She also told me that no Xara personnel have been replaced or lost. And that this change means there is now an INCREASE in personnel and resources available to market and support Xara products. Programming resources and personnel remain the same.

This move also frees up sales and support personnel at Xara to devote their time to developing and supporting the market for Xara Online which is seen as meeting the Xara customer base's increasing needs for an online collaborative option AND bringing in a new customer base to the Xara fold who have never used Xara products. The success of Xara Online is important to the Xara product line and Xara customers and Xara and Magix are taking the necessary steps and devoting the necessary resources to make that happen.

Xara has been a Magix subsidiary since 2007 so Magix input into the Xara product line and the way it is marketed and supported is not new. The connection is now just more visible with the actual sales and support moving to Magix's website.

As to the confusion over version numbers - version 15 is the next version, no matter how illogical and unnecessary that seems to consumers. Xara is not the first company to confuse users and skip version numbers for no apparent reason - has anyone ever run Windows version 9?

Please be assured that the operation of TalkGraphics (server, bandwidth, software, etc.), which always has been funded by the Xara products marketing budget, continues to be funded by the Xara products marketing budget. For TalkGraphics it is business as usual.
    Barbara Bouton
    TalkGraphics Forum Administrator

The Xara Xone website developer. | TheBoutons.com

Thank you Barbara for the update.

Ciao

Roly

Thanks for the clarification Barbara.

That is assuring. Thanks.