Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Default Re: XARA-GOES-CLOUD-AND-SECURES-GLOBAL-DISTRIBUTION-OF-ITS-DESKTOP-PRODUCTS-WITH-PART

It's a forum Onlye.

We try to accentuate positive comments without downright lying or sucking up. But at the same time, you might notice that tg is pretty static these days. One good way to encourage new members to join in and share and learn is by a casual viewer hitting our site because what Google snags and publishes looks good.

But potential new members see a mass of negativity, and infighting and stuff, they might as well go to Twitter. That was a joke.

Armed with accurate information, there is absolutely nothing wrong with differing opinions, positive criticism, the whole 9 yards of user experience.

However, a posting that is an announcement, first, should have been locked, and second is a poor place to add comments good or dissenting. Dear Xara is a good place, and you're welcome, short of ranting, to open a new thread yourself to move a discussion along. Mods don't really endorse "wall o' flames", but again, TPTB have shown phenomenal latitude and freedom on a forum that's running on their dime.

Maybe, like civilizations, there is a life cycle to forums. I hope not. This has been and hopefully will continue to be a very positive place, with expert designers donating their time to instruct journeymen artists.

I hear what you're saying, and thank you for the clarifications! I'm sure you and I can do something better than bicker, you know?

And I will indeed pass your message along to Barbara. I've been friends with the Administrator for a really long time.

And she values my opinion.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10-30-2017 7-03-09 PM.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	76.6 KB 
ID:	119189

My Best,

Gary

Name:  Triangle-fish.jpg
Views: 205
Size:  5.2 KB

My Best,

Gary

Default Re: XARA-GOES-CLOUD-AND-SECURES-GLOBAL-DISTRIBUTION-OF-ITS-DESKTOP-PRODUCTS-WITH-PART

none of which gets away from the fact that words - whichever side of the fence you be - are just words...

those who are still waiting will no doubt find out idc...
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Default Re: Xara goes cloud. Rioting breaks out. ;)

Thanks, Barbara. Very precise. It doesn't actually guarantee any improvements on the vector side of things, though does it.
    It would be nice to know what might be in the pipeline for the next version, off the top of my head:-
    An improved Bitmap Tracer, perhaps?
    The ability to apply vector distort and transform effects, maybe?
    Proper tools for managing open type fonts? (which should be pretty high on the list, considering the complete dogs breakfast that it is right now.)

Bob.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

textured vector brushes like in Harmony Premium?....
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

i have only just seen this thread. As for me I am a Xara user almost exclusively even though I sometimes look at and own other software. Even though I can barely user this or any other software any longer I still stand by Xara and will continue to help as best I can. Thank you Barbara and all the Mods for uour continued support.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.