Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Unable to run pro x - urgent please

Hi all

Today when I started pro X I received a message asking whether I wanted to change the default language - I think that this was linked to recently having to change the English version from USA to English in Win 10.

I then tried to use pro x and then received an invalid serial number message.

To try and resolve this I tried to de authorise my machine - however I then started to receive error 59.

To try and resolve this I tried uninstall pro x.

When I try to reinstall it I first receive error 1 and then after OK'ing the error message I then received error 59 again.

I have tried numerous times to reinstall - after cleaning registry, pausing anti virus etc but am not making any progress.

I have also tried the usual fixes of installing as admin and running as admin.

I have raised a support ticket with Xara, but in the meantime HELP please!

Default Re: Unable to run pro x - urgent please

Many thanks to Rob-Xar for saving the day!

Rob emailed me some instructions which included deleting some registry keys and I am now up and running again - Thanks again Rob!

Only downside I have identified so far is that I have lost all of my website profiles - does anyone know a way of restoring these please, as it would take an age to recreate them for each individual site.

Rob is the man!

Fine Gary, but why are paying customers being made to jump through these hurdles? Not good enough!
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

While I really do appreciate Robs swift and expert help as well as all of the help I do receive via this fine forum I really do fell incredibly vulnerable when a problem like this arises.

I really do feel that the time has come for Xara to offer real time support via telephone and maybe via on line chat.

Finally does anyone have any thoughts on how to resurrect and import the website profile settings?