Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Red face Why is Inkscape currently more buggy?

I've used it two times now (the very current version from today, the stable one), both times it crashed after about 15 minutes.
    The first time was a few days ago, I tried to use the "mesh mould / mesh distortion" tool on a simple shape that came from Inkscape. I really think I want to adobt a new technique where I just draw the result, not something that is to be distorted later. I could just add a bit of curvature to every line and I'll get that cartoonish style without mesh tool. In DP it once crashed, in Xara it has had minor problems, in Inkscape it crashed. I am the bug. The software is ok. I should not use weird tools.
    Anyway today I wanted to use Inkscape the second time this year, with an SVG from Xara. The drawing was not that complicated, but Inkscape crashed when I hit CTRL+Z, so undo probably crashed.
    When it crashes, the Main window just disappears. Probably there is a crash log somewhere, but I don't know how.
    I find the idea of Open Source (and somehow free) software just great, nothing but great. I won't give up on that. Probably I should use the ways that Inkscape users go. That's the safe route.
    Uh.. actually.. I've only used Inkscape today because Xara said "internal program error gzgz.dpo.ddrtrt". Something with characters and two dots.
    Staying positive.. I want to draw things.

Default Re: Why is Inkscape currently more buggy?

I don't know because I mostly only use Xara, but you could try an older version http://www.oldversion.com/windows/inkscape/ and see if that helps, on the other hand you might try converting the text to editable shapes, break shapes and group the selected text line then and use the mold tool.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

To be honest, while there are some inkscape users here most of us use Xara. Does Inkscape have a forum you can ask your question is? Might be more appropriate.

Oh, they would ask me for a detailed bug report. That is too much for me for the next days. I don't know what envelope I made to crash it, and I don't know what came before CTRL-Z in that case today. I was litteraly afraid to go to any Inkscape-related site.
    I'm looking for all kinds of input. In the end, I question myself, why I cannot adapt to workarounds as other people do. It's probably because I know some programming and start thinking about the software when I realize that I use software, e.g. when there is a bug.
    A few days ago I had put a paper onto my computer screen and drawn something with pencil, learning from the image that shines through, and kind of copying it. Not so long ago I considered using modeling clay to create any form of art at all... could have photographed it then. And if I had the money I would probably ask a professional to create the content that I think of.

I wish there was just flow. The psychological phenomen called flow. I feel it sometimes a little bit, and then usually something unexpected happens.