Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Threaded View

Wink Approach to the position of the vertical navbar ?

For a website of potentially 20, 30 pages or even more, it would be nice to keep or to position the navbar in a fixed spot of each page. However, because this site will become quite populated with information, I choose to work with both a horizontal and a vertical navbar.

Having said this, keeping the horizontal navbar in its fixed position is a piece of cake using the repeat function. However as you can see, I would have to decouple the horizontal navbar (growing vertically) from repeating and position it in function of the layout of each indivudual page (unless of course I would copy/paste the index page each time).

Anyway, I have no experience with this, so I wonder how you would approach such a problem. I fear the only way is that I will have to stop the repeating and position it myself maually each time, but I am open to any suggestions.

In the 1st screenshot I indicated the part of the site which would then have to repeat itself on all the other pages. The rest of each page could then be filled with some text, a picture, some widget or whatever. In the 2nd screenshot you see the vertical navbar's incorrect position in the case that I would set it to repeat on all pages.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Knipsel1.jpg 
Views:	187 
Size:	114.1 KB 
ID:	119063   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Knipsel2.jpg 
Views:	186 
Size:	99.4 KB 
ID:	119064