Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I don't know if this is of interest to anyone, but I have been having problems with the way Netscape renders check boxes when they are in a table with a different colour to the actual page background. What happens is Netscape creates a box around them which is the same colour as the page background, rather than the colour of the table in which they are placed.

I spent a while surfing the web trying to find a workaround and found this link which effectively solved the problem.

The way round for me was to give the checkbox a style for it's background colour, making sure the colour was just slightly different to the table background colour. As this workaround was so difficult to find I thought I would post the info here, just in case anyone else has had the same problems. (BTW This also works for radio buttons which have the same problem).

Regards

Su
    "If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life." - Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

I don't know if this is of interest to anyone, but I have been having problems with the way Netscape renders check boxes when they are in a table with a different colour to the actual page background. What happens is Netscape creates a box around them which is the same colour as the page background, rather than the colour of the table in which they are placed.

I spent a while surfing the web trying to find a workaround and found this link which effectively solved the problem.

The way round for me was to give the checkbox a style for it's background colour, making sure the colour was just slightly different to the table background colour. As this workaround was so difficult to find I thought I would post the info here, just in case anyone else has had the same problems. (BTW This also works for radio buttons which have the same problem).

Regards

Su
    "If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life." - Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

Thanks for that, Su! Always appreciate a remedy for common problems.

And for those that don't know about evolt - it's one of the best online/email communities - a definite must for any web developer/designers.

cfn ... Jen

Jen Worden
    Web Developer
    www.meadoworks.com
    cfn ... Jen

Jen Worden
    Web Developer
    www.meadoworks.com