Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Green Screen

Default Green Screen

A really simple things that I just can't make work-its driving me crazy and must have a simple things that I am overlooking!

I am trying to simply eliminate the green screen behind someone in a photo.

1. I select the enhance photos tool.
    2. Then I go to the select colors to enhance.
    3. I click on the green-a little dot is formed and the background disappears for a second and then it comes back! The color selection dot is still there and can be edited (moved, resized) and when you do this the background disappears for another second only to come back.

How do I make it gone completely?

I can post a screen capture video if this helps, but I've followed the tutorials and they all end with "the background is gone." Except mine keeps coming back!

Any help would be greatly appreacitated because I'm using my video editing tools to do this for photos right now instead of Xara

kairosmatt

Default Re: Green Screen

Welcome to TalkGraphics

I'm sure you probably discovered this already. If you click on the image or on the page the red dot goes away. If you right click on the dot you get a menu of choices.

There are additions controls (see second attachment) that let you specify the tolerance (higher settings include more of a specific range of colors).

Experiment with these settings.

If you select Make Transparent, the selection of colors you have made will be transparent and you can add more colors behind.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fade tolerance.png 
Views:	71 
Size:	4.8 KB 
ID:	119051   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	color selection.png 
Views:	68 
Size:	14.7 KB 
ID:	119050  

Yess!!!! So simple and thanks for such a fast response!

Also thank you for assuming I'm smarting than in reality. In my feeble defense I didn't see that on any of the 3 step turorials and somehow never thought to right click on it.

Cheers a thousand times over
    kairosmatt

You can right click and also double click on anything to switch to an appropriate tool. Try it.