Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Change colours of the navigation bar

I have a very simple question: how to change the colour of the navigation bar buttons to that of the theme colour ? Also I would like to change the mouse over colour of the buttons. I've added a screenshot. The arrow points to the (darkgreen) colour I would like the vertical/left navbar to look like.

I've tried everything from searching in the edit navbar settings to dragging and dropping one of the colours from the bottom bar. It's easy for the sub-menus, but not for the main navbar.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Knipsel.jpg 
Views:	155 
Size:	82.4 KB 
ID:	119045  

Default Re: Change colours of the navigation bar

First, isolate the MouseOver layer (click the S icon) in the Page & Layer Gallery. Hold down the Ctrl key and click on the rectangle for the Home button. Change the color as you wish. The other button colors will change.

If you want to match the green of the banner, then drag the color sampler (the eye dropper) over the green banner.

Hi Joicol, put simply its because the template navbar has a transparency applied, thus the difference between the original navbar, with it's background rectangle and the clone you've created (vertical navbar) without any background rectangle. The transparency immediately becomes apparent.

I think this is a poorly designed template. New users to Xara will be hard pressed to understand, as you were, why there is such a colour discrepancy between the two bars.

Here's a video highlighting the issue. I apologise re the crap audio!

Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    First, isolate the MouseOver layer (click the S icon) in the Page & Layer Gallery. Hold down the Ctrl key and click on the rectangle for the Home button. Change the color as you wish. The other button colors will change.

If you want to match the green of the banner, then drag the color sampler (the eye dropper) over the green banner.
    Thanks, very interesting, it took some time to get it but it works

I am certainly going to look at this, but first I have to report another problem ..

Thanks for this excellent video ! I am running Xara WDP 365. There's one step - disable adjust button width to labels - and then try to right-click one button and go to the transparency tool .. this isn't working, see my screenshot.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Knipsel6.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	54.4 KB 
ID:	119071  

Sorry. You need to Ctrl-Click a single button to do this
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host