Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default place holder does not push

Why a place holder can not have push effect assigned to it?

Default Re: place holder does not push

Quote Originally Posted by behzad View Post
    Why a place holder can not have push effect assigned to it?
    Because all the code that is normally applied is totally replaced by your code.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

wow that sucks

OK, I have checked properly.

An object can become a Placeholder and t retains its Push attribute as well as Repelling.

Just to check are you selecting both objects to ensure they push apart?

As an aside, I just used <script /> and the Placeholder shape punches a nice empty cookie cutter of itself when repelling text underneath.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Dear Acorn, I tried it but with no luck.
    Any chance you can do me a sample. I like my jot form to push the footer of the page if the form is too long.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by behzad View Post
    Dear Acorn, I tried it but with no luck.
    Any chance you can do me a sample. I like my jot form to push the footer of the page if the form is too long.

Thanks.
    Now I grok what you are wanting. A xara page cannot grow from a pushy Placeholder as it has no knowledge of the height of the thing at page creation time.
    That said, I recall some code somewhere that dynamically reset the page height. I don't remember how effective it was though.

You can always preview the form and estimate how big the Placeholder needs to be and adjust the page manually.

Acorn

Thank you, I estimated it. The tricky part is when the user does not fill in the form properly or if the field has bad data or no matching data like that of email matching eachother, then the form shows errors for the user to correct, those errors push down the height of the form and in effect make the form longer.