Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Publishing Website Problems

Hi

I've been using Xara Designer Pro for years - and I've only recently come across this problem.
    When I'm publishing my site, I can't get the second page of my site, or 'index-a' to publish.
    Only the first page and the index files appear. Is there some setting that I'm missing?

Regards

Steelypan

Default Re: Publishing Website Problems

Can you give us a link to the published site?

When you preview the site in DP do you see the second page?

This has nothing to do with the problem but your pages should have descriptive page titles, such as About, Contact, etc. Your second page is index-a because when you add a new page Xara automatically uses the name of the previous page and adds the -a or -b, etc. You can change this in the Web Properties ? Page tabbed section in the Title box.

Hi Gary

I'm afraid I can't share link because it's on an internal company intranet. In answer to your question though - yes - page two is there when I do the preview. It just doesn't show when I publish. I've also tried changing the titles too.

C

You can try this and see if it works.

First save your file with a new name (in case this does not work you will have the old file to fall back on)

Right click on the page that is not publishing and select Copy Page.

Create a new blank page. Right click on the new blank page and select Paste > Paste Page. This might create an extra blank page, if so delete the extra blank page. Also delete the old page that was not printing.

Edit the navigation bar to link the appropriate button to the new page.

See if that works.

Are you sure you're not creating a supersite?

Web Properties / Web Export Options (bottom right) / Use Conventional website.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Hi all

Thanks for the replies. This is such a helpful forum: For some reason, I was exporting as a Supersite - I'm not sure if it was a setting I'd left from a previous project?. Anyway, that's fixed it. Thanks again for your help - much appreciated.

C

We've all been there C
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

For some reason, I was exporting as a Supersite - I'm not sure if it was a setting I'd left from a previous project?.
    I am not sure but it might be a default setting which if so is not a good default setting.

I think you're correct there Gary.
    Egg