Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default How do I get rid of that huge promo window when I open Designer Pro X11?

Last week, a new pop-up promo window showed up when I open up Designer Pro X11. I cannot see the whole thing. The middle says "Collaborate, Spell Checker, Photo Enhance, Templates"

I cannot use my program, and it won't shrink or disappear.

How do I get rid of it, and can I shut off the promo windows, to prevent this problem?

REALLY annoying!

Default Re: How do I get rid of that huge promo window when I open Designer Pro X11?

Changing the screen resolution in Control Panel may solve this problem. A higher resolution should give you more screen real estate.
    Bob.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

Default Re: How do I get rid of that huge promo window when I open Designer Pro X11?

if that is not an option, you can kill it in the registry:

....Options/Update/UpdateDontShowAgain

modify the value from 0 to 1

that should work until the next notification comes along when you will need to do it again

@Steve: Or tell Xara to redesign their bloody advertising so that it will work on all screens at all resolutions.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

oh, xara don't listen to me bob.... I don't use their overpriced locked in online rhubarab... and I have the temerity to want to continue to trial updates - I still can of course, given a spare computer a clean windows image, and a handfull of email addresses... but shouldn't have to do it that way

There is a small check box, [ ] Do not show this again. Check this box.

if it's visible lets hope so

You should be able to press escape to close that window but I agree that marketing should design it to at least work properly on the most common screen size out there!

I'll send them a message, sorry about the inconvenience!

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    But this only works for a day or two until they send it again. Annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob-Xar View Post
    You should be able to press escape to close that window but I agree that marketing should design it to at least work properly on the most common screen size out there!

I'll send them a message, sorry about the inconvenience!
    The point is on some resolutions (my laptop, for example) the check box cannot be reached. Move doesn't work, Tabbing doesn't work, Wheelie Zooming doesn't work, Dev Tools (F12) fails...

The best I can manage is to use Display Settings and change the orientation to Portrait.

Seriously,
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat