Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Phoney Face

Hi, there old buddy!

Name:  Smily-FINAL.gif
Views: 312
Size:  2.5 KB

It was Pillsbury who started the Over-the-counterattack on Kool-Aid powdered dink mix in the US with Funny Face. Which to my highly sophisticated 10 year old's palette tasted better than KA. I discovered and sort of restored the flavors that weren't ethnic profiling, and may offer them up soon as vectors, seeing as the product died almost 50 years ago, perhaps releasing the trademark signature (?) Don'yt know for sure.

We in Syracuse had a thorny problem with profiling. Our mascot for the Syracuse Chiefs was a totally offensive caricature of a Native American, very similar to Injun Orange in the Funny Face pack.

Coincidentally, both our University and Pillsbury went the same way, which I think tautologically means Syracuse University is Pillsbury.

Pillsbury went with a one Jolly Olly Orange, and S.U. rebranded to The Syracuse Orangemen, literally a cheerleader in an oversized fruit outfit, with a college beanie on top.

I'd only wished that at halftimes, a giant straw would have chased said mascot around.

Name:  Kid's-monster-face.jpg
Views: 707
Size:  7.6 KB

Default Re: Phoney Face

Yes. Life has been interesting...

For your pleasure (or not):

https://www.globenewswire.com/news-r...-Packages.html

They (some of them) live again.

Personally, I think they shouldn't have ever been allowed to use the Loud Mouth Lime (and Loud Mouth Punch) monikers either. They are offensive to every such person...

These days pretty much everything is offensive to pretty much everybody (with the exception of TG members, obviously).
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

Quote Originally Posted by Gare
    Try drawing a cartoon hand sometime....
    must have drawn thousands at least...

three fingers have balance - one to the right one in the middle one to the left - perfect, almost feng chewie... you can pivot them and make gestures without getting in each others way... but stick another one in and it starts to look awkward, use five and it's positively crabby

-------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...