Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Changing the size of YouTube Videos?

First, I want to thank each of you for all the help, advice and support you've given me. I can't say how much I appreciate and treasure your willingness and concern. You've guided me regarding stopping YouTube Videos from rolling to the next video. Now, what I've discovered is, I've got the video working on the Mobile Variant Website, but can't fit the video to the page size. I've got the mobile pages set at 480px, but decided to increase the size of the page with the video on it to 500px, but the video still seems to extend about an 8th of an inch past the edge of the page. I even tried to adjust the size of the "placeholder" to no avail. I would again appreciate any and all suggestions. Thank you so much.

bob

Default Re: Changing the size of YouTube Videos?

Can you edit the embed script and change the size?

Good evening GW Priester,
    I never looked at that as a way to do things. I will be back in touch. That makes much sense.

bob

Hello again GW Priester,
    That did it. I was able to change the size. Actually, I was afraid to make any adjustments to the code thinking I might mess up. As you all recall, I had enough trouble without the awesome help from here. I will say this, I note I have a (920px) and (400px) variant. However, both are noted as main. One should be called Main and the other Mobile? How in the world could I come up with 2 mains? I don't see any problems when I preview either website. Thank you so much sir.

bob

That shouldn't happen Bob. If I try renaming the mobile version Main it spits out:
    Name already used by another variant
    How you've managed it I've no idea.
    Can you attach the web file?
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Good afternoon Egg Bramhill and thank you for getting back to help me. Again, I am not tech educated yet so don't know what or how to send a "Web File". Please share that with me. Also, can you imagine me not realizing there are actually 3 variance version? I always assumed there was the version I see on my desktop computer and thought when my version of WD Premium 365 mentioned "Mobile" it was referring to a cell phone version 480px. I am just realizing today after reading many other post having to do with this area, there is 960px,(desk top) 480px (Tablet) and 320px (cellphones). I am so thankful I am getting the practice in now. I've got to say sir, this is embarrassing to say the least. I am so thankful for seeing those variance posts. Now, can I just add a 320 variance for cell phones?

bob

EDIT. MODS please delete
    Last edited by Egg Bramhill; 15 October 2017 at 08:37 PM.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

here's my attached .xar file.

EDIT. MODS please delete TG is playing up at present !!!
    Egg

Hello again sir,
    After some checking I found out that I do have a Main (960px) & (Mobile 480px) variance website. It would now appear I have to develop a cell phone (320px) website. Can I just add that as another variance? And, can I just add the YouTube Video to the cell phone variance and will it work on a cell phone? Thanks so much.

bob

It would now appear I have to develop a cell phone (320px) website.
    Hi Bob, in my experience I have found two variants are fine, one for desktop (960px) & one for mobiles (480px). You could if you wish create an intermediate one for tablets etc but I think this is overkill. Another issue which has not raised it's ugly head much at present but will in the near future is sites for very large displays, i.e. 50" TV's.....
    Egg