Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Red face Calendar function ? Howto ?

Hi, would it be difficult to implement a calendar function into a xara template ? I guess this could be done by importing some widget, e.g. google calendar ? I tried it quickly but got an error message saying the URL was wrong ..
    I also searched in the template catalogue, but no template seems to have a calendar function implemented out of the box? So I guess it should be done by importing some widget ?
    I use XWD premium 12

Default Re: Calendar function ? Howto ?

Google calendar is probably the best.

Create your calendar on Google's site then copy the embed iframe code and paste it into a placeholder in the Replace with HTML Code (Body) section. You have to opt to share the calendar.

To be honest, I just tried this and it is about as convoluted as anything. But once I opted to share the calendar it works.

I configured my googlen calendar to display a list view by default. However in xara it always displays the grid view ?

What does it display when you publish?

The calendar grid/ matrix view. You can see it here btw:

http://users.telenet.be/levenscirkel...k/kalender.htm

It also does not fit exactly in the space of the page, no matter how I try to resize the window in XWD

Quote Originally Posted by joicol View Post
    The calendar grid/ matrix view. You can see it here btw:

http://users.telenet.be/levenscirkel...k/kalender.htm

It also does not fit exactly in the space of the page, no matter how I try to resize the window in XWD
    Open the calendar Placeholder. Somewhere, its code will show 'width="100%"'. Change this to 85%.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thanks. I found more settings in the GC panel, such as the code for the list view etc.
    This is nice, but in addition to the dedicated page that displays the full calendar, I want to display a small interactive window on my welcome page, about the size of a pop-up, that picks eg the next 3 calendar events.

I have no idea if this is possible or how to approach this (probably write a lot of code?)

Well, I googled around a bit and from what I could understand is that I would probably need to use google calendar api to fetch the list of events from my calendar for a given period (or the next two or three starting from the current date), filter out some public holidays etc. and then display it in a window using a placeholder. Seems easy isn't it ? Would this mean I'll have to switch to php ? If so, does xara support php files ?