Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Red face Calendar function ? Howto ?

Hi, would it be difficult to implement a calendar function into a xara template ? I guess this could be done by importing some widget, e.g. google calendar ? I tried it quickly but got an error message saying the URL was wrong ..
    I also searched in the template catalogue, but no template seems to have a calendar function implemented out of the box? So I guess it should be done by importing some widget ?
    I use XWD premium 12

Default Re: Calendar function ? Howto ?

Google calendar is probably the best.

Create your calendar on Google's site then copy the embed iframe code and paste it into a placeholder in the Replace with HTML Code (Body) section. You have to opt to share the calendar.

To be honest, I just tried this and it is about as convoluted as anything. But once I opted to share the calendar it works.

I configured my googlen calendar to display a list view by default. However in xara it always displays the grid view ?

What does it display when you publish?

The calendar grid/ matrix view. You can see it here btw:

http://users.telenet.be/levenscirkel...k/kalender.htm

It also does not fit exactly in the space of the page, no matter how I try to resize the window in XWD

Quote Originally Posted by joicol View Post
    The calendar grid/ matrix view. You can see it here btw:

http://users.telenet.be/levenscirkel...k/kalender.htm

It also does not fit exactly in the space of the page, no matter how I try to resize the window in XWD
    Open the calendar Placeholder. Somewhere, its code will show 'width="100%"'. Change this to 85%.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat