Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Default Re: Xara online designer, omg

John how do you know the next round of revisions comes out in Nov?
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by behzad View Post
    Educated guess, emphasis on "guess." Looking at the history of new features, they seem to come out every 4 months. March, July and November.
    http://www.xara.com/us/designer-pro/whats-new/
    John CB
    Xara DPX(19.0.1.65946)
    IP

My 2¢. Have used Xara before it was, temporarily, owned by Corel. I use the online designer for editing existing sites but use the desktop for initial design. I think the online feature is useful but, as stated by others, should not preempt development of the desktop version. The majority of the web designers I know that use an online program are not developing very sophisticated sites and they seem to soon exhaust the program's features. Xara is rather self-contained. Online programs, including WordPress, seem to be at the mercy of all the plugins and addons needed to make the program complete.

The internet is dark and full of terrors. (Apologizes) Simplicity and the ability to rapidly re-build a damaged site are critical in such an environment. With original files safely stored on a desktop, I can move or republish a site in an hour. If all the site components are stored online, then it is a much more daunting task.

Dan
    IP

@Dan you make a great speaker
    IP

I Agree with that sentiment too behzad.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host
    IP

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

I've started this thread https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...r&goto=newpost

to give us all a place to list our suggestions of features that you would find useful to have in the Online Designer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by behzad View Post
    There is more information about MAGIX Software and Xara Online Designer at magix.com and xara.cloud

AREN'T XARA AND MAGIX SOFTWARE ALREADY PARTNERS?

Yes. MAGIX, who we have partnered with for over 10 years, has considerable expertise in the worldwide sales and support of desktop software, and have built up an extensive knowledge of the Xara products in the many years that they have sold and supported the non-English language versions. We are now extending the benefits of this partnership to all Xara Designer users around the world.

WILL YOU STILL BE DEVELOPING YOUR DESKTOP PRODUCTS?Absolutely, we will continue to release exciting new features and performance improvements on the Xara Designer titles. In fact, desktop version 15 will be released in the next two months with customer requested features of today.
    http://pianomagicnewsletter.com/ (never done - never time for me)
    IP

@angelize I will pass. A lot of suggestions for designer pro series including the web ones were ignored. Remember they have the man power and resources to work on the cloud. Also they may give us a new update for web designer pro etc.. soon but the future for those programs is gloomy and dark.

Also I am not into paying monthly fee at all to work with a cloud base program. Wordpress is free.
    IP

@angelize Mainly my sympathies lay with Behzad's thinking. Forums such as Dear Xara, 95% of the time go unanswered. It's a machine gun type of approach to requested new features that has no structure and virtually zero hope of response from the devs and as such is of zero value.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host
    IP

The truth may hurt (for Xara), but well said....
    IP