Quote Originally Posted by Rob-Xar View Post
You are correct in saying that the Online Designer is getting more focus than the desktop version, but as mentioned before we're not dumping the desktop versions either.

The Online Designer however hasn't been created with website building in view (and has very limited web capabilities). If anything it's more targeted towards business use - i.e. letterheads, presentation, company social media but this isn't fixed.

I've spent a while talking to our CEO Matt about this and in the end we want to create something that you not only can use but also want to use. One of my (ever increasing lol) roles is gathering this requirement from our customers and getting their feedback. If the majority of our users want a tool for creating websites then we'll work more on those features. If they want more features pertaining to print and publishing then we'll work on that.

If you can let me know what sort of things you create in the desktop version and if you have used the Online Designer, what sort of features you would say are a must have I can forward this feedback straight back to the top and say 'Hey this is what are users want, can we implement something'? It does get discussed how we can do this regularly so all feedback is welcome

Thanks
Rob
OK, Rob. How about this...

I don't want an Online Designer. At all. I want efforts pushed into XDP downward into the other applications (of which there are too many).

But. But the decision was made to pursue the Online Designer and now we're all stuck with development efforts (which are stretched too thin) going into that beast. And while XDP had already been falling behind on development on many/several fronts in comparison to the competition, it is only going to slide further back.

Cannot Xara/Magix make up its mind as to what Xara will be when it grows up and pursue that?